Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
So it started yesterday.  I went to lay down for a nap, and everytime I laid on my right side I would get this horrible pain in my abdomen.  So I'd roll over, and it would slowly go away.  If I rolled over again, I would get the horrible pain, roll over onto my left side and it would slowly go away.  Well today my abdomen feels like ****, pardon my language.  I'm nauseous, lightheaded, it's hard to stand up straight, it's hard to sit up straight, and I hurt so bad.  It hurts on the right side.  I've had this annoying pain on the upper right side just below my rib cage for a week or so now, but this is my whole freaking stomach.  Should I be concerned, or is this just one of the joys of pregnancy?

Pregnancy ticker

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Leeann3110
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I would say that it is normal pregnancy pains but if your really concerned about it then dont wait Call the Doctor he/she will know what to tell you. 

pregnancy calendar
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I am really not sure. Here is a bump for you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

keileensmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I would at least call your ob and tell them this symptoms because those sound like the same symptoms my friend hae while she was pregnant and it turned out to be her gall bladder and she had to have it removed. so please at least call its better to be safe than sorry! GL!

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:28 AM

That sounds like gall stones to me, or it could be kidney stones too (sometimes the symptoms of kidney stones start over a few days). There's another problem that I can't think of right now but one of the symptoms is upper right quadrant pain....it's a liver issue but I just can't think of it right now. I would call your OB and tell them how you are feeling just in case it's something they want to monitor, or at least maybe they can give you some advice!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
ginipassionlady
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I agree... call your doc.   My cousin had the same pains and then couldn't keep anything down.  She thought it was just being preggo and it was her gall bladder.  She had to have it removed because she waited so long to talk to the doc.  Call today.  It might be nothing, but you really don't want to go through what I watched her go through if it isn't.  Good luck hon and I hope you feel better soon!

Gini Winget

Passion Parties Team Leader

http://www.ginimcelvy.yourpassionconsultant.com

kiss

goddess_alyson
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Nikki1218:

So it started yesterday.  I went to lay down for a nap, and everytime I laid on my right side I would get this horrible pain in my abdomen.  So I'd roll over, and it would slowly go away.  If I rolled over again, I would get the horrible pain, roll over onto my left side and it would slowly go away.  Well today my abdomen feels like ****, pardon my language.  I'm nauseous, lightheaded, it's hard to stand up straight, it's hard to sit up straight, and I hurt so bad.  It hurts on the right side.  I've had this annoying pain on the upper right side just below my rib cage for a week or so now, but this is my whole freaking stomach.  Should I be concerned, or is this just one of the joys of pregnancy?

Sounds like your gall bladder.  And gall bladder problems are common in pregnancy.  For some they go away once the baby is born, for others they have to have it removed after delivery.  Try eating very bland foods, nothing greasy or hard to digest.  Try and stay hydrated, which I know is hard to do when you're nauseous but it'll help I promise.  If the nausea gets worse or you start running a fever call your dr. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)