Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

36 weeks pregnant and have diahrea and now i hot flashes

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

yesterday i psted that i had diahrea and i still have it.my docs office wont see me till tomar tues at my appt....made me so mad!!!!

well now i am having hot flashes..is this normal??? i am not sick not running a fever...i just feel when it comes on that my face is on fire and i am buring up...i cant sleep at ngiht since one min i am cold and then the blanket comes off the next to cool down....

is this soemthing i should ask my doc about tomar at my appt??

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Always talk to your dr about any questions you have!!  If it doesn't get worse today then I say wiat till tomorrow to talk to them.  But if it gets dramatically worse call immediately!! 

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hot flashes are completely normal during pregnancy.  Ive been having them for months.
Diarrhea can be a sign that your body is getting ready for delivery, but not always.  Ive been 'loose' for about 2 months now & sometimes its diarrhea. (I know TMI)
My Dr said if Im having painful contractions & diarrhea then it could be labor.

I would deffinitly talk to your Dr. tomorrow at your Appt.  he might want to check your cervix.

Motherof4_2008
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Welcome to my world!!! I am 36 weeks and have been dealing with this for 2 weeks now. I have been so hot that I practically sleep naked and I have two fan one me!!!

LilypieLilypieLilypieLilypieLilypie
dragonfly_gal
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 7:20 PM

is there anything i can do for the pooping thing???????

i am tired of having to go every time u know??bad cramps and once i am done i feel tons better.

my doc said at my alst appt on tues that it is something i ate causing my poo problem but i dont think it is...

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Hot flashes are pretty normal since our hormones fluctuate so much during pregnancy.  I hope they ease up a bit for you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Andrea337
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I am 37wks and have had the same thing this wk. Not exactly diarrhea but very loose and almost explosive...lol! I have had hot flashes my whole pregnancy and barely ever wear a coat out in the coldness here in MI!

JoyandLove
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I am 36 weeks and have the same issues.   

Acidophilus Take acidophilus with meals whenever you feel sanitation or water supply may be questionable. This will help build up the "friendly" bacteria in your intestines. Either a tablespoon of liquid or one to two capsules should do the trick. One good product is called Culturelle (a probiotic formula).

Apple cider vinegar For a preventive measure start taking a teaspoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water half an hour before each meal a few days before your trip. Continue this regimen during your trip.

Bismuth Subsalicylate The active ingredient found in Pepto-Bismol, bismuth subsalicylate, can be taken either after an attack or as a preventive measure. Be careful if you take aspirin regularly as Pepto-Bismol contains salicylates, which added to that in the aspirin may cause symptoms such as ringing in the ears

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)