Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you had a slow "trickle"...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm just wondering of those of you who had your water break...how many of you had a trickle...what was it like? I've had some "wetness" down there but can't figure out for the life of me if it's my water bag or if I'm just sweating/urine...I'm not having any contractions.....anyone? I'm almost 39 weeks now so...I don't know...never been this far in a pregnancy and just wanted to see what you thought...

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I had one once. I thought I kept leaking urine even though it was never an issue before. I changed my clothes quite a few times in an hour before I figured out it had to be my water. It wasn't a ton, just enough to get my pants wet but every time I changed them it happend again.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

funlovinmama82
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:16 PM

When I had my son 7 years ago I was having contractions that started around 9:30 in the morning.  At about 5pm I started feeling leaking.  And it did not just feel wet.  I could definately tell that is what it was.  I went and got in the shower and BAM there was the gush.  LOL.  I was so glad I was in the shower when it happened.  I put on a pad and went along with the contractions till about 9:30pm then went to the hospital.  He was born at 4:51am the next day.  I could definately tell that my water was leaking.  It was a totally different feeling.  If you are in doubt call your doctor, they have a test they can do to see if you are leaking fluid.  It just takes a minute once they get to that point.  Good luck mama!!!

AirForceWifeJen
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM

safe bet is just to call your doctor and see if they can check for you. Good luck !! I AM SENDING YOU LABOR DUST!!!!!!

mousesmommy81
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I didn't know mine was leaking. But apparetly it was at 41 and a half weeks. But I thought it was just the same either sweat or urine.

mommyto4kids07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM

you can tell by smelling the undies.. sounds gross.. but if its not a urine smell then  it may be your water leaking. I had this happen with my first baby and second and it smelt like wet hay smell. Or do what the PP said.. change your clothes and see if it happens again and if it does. I guess its time to have a BABY!! Congrats!!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
vbidez0200
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Please go have this checked if you think it is possible! I was 41 weeks when mine "broke" but it was a very slight trickle and took all day for me to realize it! This was because I had a liner on from the other fun stuff you have down there at that time. Soooo, basically my son was born with a respiratory infection and was delivered by using forceps because his heart rate started decreasing during labor. He had to come home with an IV line attached and continue receiving meds via IV for 7 days at home! So, better safe than sorry and go have it tested at your OB or the hospital you plan on delivering at asap.

**Also I had NO contractions at all**

Pregnancy ticker
Mom of THREE boys...we are hoping for a girl with baby #4! Otherwise Mom is way outnumbered!
angieluvsolivia
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I did with my first.  It was like a little fluid came out when I would change position or when she would move.  It took me like 8 hours to figure out that it wasn't pee!!

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Mine was more like a consistent (VERY) heavy period, so not a slow trickle, really.   It was ongoing like a period, too.   Sometimes would gush and sometimes little-nothing.   (Babies head can "cork" the hole sometimes.)

You might try to lie down and after several minutes stand up to see if the head "uncorked" the hole and let more through.   You might have a heavier gush.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

MKSmom09
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Call your dr if you even suspect that it might be your water.  I did with my oldest son and even though it  was urine, he said that it was still better that he did check me out.

JessicaDevens
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Thanks! I'm sitting now, I did a lot today so I figured just sweat...but I'm going to rest an hour and then if it continues I'm going to go to L and D and get checked out. Praying for baby today!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)