Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips for having a 3 child

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Good afternoon,

I am 34 weeks pregnant and starting to get overwhelmed at the fact that I will have 3 child and that my husband and I will be out numbered. I have a 5 year old  DD and an 18 month DS. I am a full-time working mom, my husband is unemployed and at home with the kids. I keep hearing that having a 3rd is so much harder than having a first or second!

Is there any advice that you can give me for having a 3rd child. I haven't found any websites that give tips/advice.  Thank you very much!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaDevens
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Yeah, I'm scared too, only both my husband and I work full time. I've actually heard the opposite. I've heard going from 2 to 3 is easier than going from 1 to 2 because the shock factor ain't so bad. I mean, when I first brought my 2nd home, I was scared out of my mind...this time, I'm just hoping my other 2 cooperate! Who knows!

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

Mena929
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I would love to hear others stories on bringing home baby #3. I have a 6 yr old ds, 2 yr old dd and I am due 3/29!

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM

In all honesty it was the hardest transition for me. My second and third child were 14 months part though. It didn't take long for me to find a groove with it all though. It will be okay! I think after 3, everything is a piece of cake.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

jennifer127
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I didn't have any problems bringing home my third child, my girls are 4(almost 5), 3, and 19 1/2 months. So my oldest 2 knew what was goin on, and they loved their lil sis from the start.  As for me, it was just normal, I love babies and I did the same things I did with my oldest 2 with my youngest. Everything has been great! Now when June rolls around I'll be bringing home a fourth child!

LRMommyof2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Number three was a little hard... finding the right blanance.  Doing what you have to with the others... while still nurturing an infant.  Mine now are 6, almost 3, just turned 1 and I am 7 weeks pg.  There were sometimes that I felt overwelmed ... alittle but its nothing you cant handle.  If youve experienced two.. you'll figure it out...  having one and getting twins... now that would be a totally different story!!!   I am workin on #4.  I have heard thou after three... there is no difference.. three is hard but 4, 5, 6, its all the same.  I had numerous moms approach me in stores and tell me that!!!   Best wishes!!

3n2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM
2 to 3 was a little hard for me because my younger 2 were 22 months and 11 months. I think you should be fine, if you have a 5 year old let them help out a little. That way she won't feel left out and get to be a 'big' girl...(Hopefully she will feel that way, I know my 4 year old LOVES to help and be a big girl!). Other than that take it one day at a time, I'm sure you will adjust quickly!! I thought the hardest change was 3 to 4, but I guess everyones different! Good luck!
czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I found going from 1 to 2 kids was very difficult.  Anytime you bring a new baby in the house it's a transition no matter how many you have. Get the older ones to pitch in even though they are little get them to help with things you know they can do.

Denise

4LanasLuv
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM

yea im scare out of my mind also my dd is 2 and my ds just turned 1

newbiestepmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I am going from 2 to 3 as well, only this is my first baby. We have hubby's 2 boys full time. The boys will be 9 and 6 when baby comes so I think having a newborn in the house is scarier to me than taking care of 3 kids. Thankfully the boys are pretty much self suffiecient when it comes to feeding and bathing and dressing. The only worry I have is that my youngest right now is very affectionate and I worry that he will try and pick up the baby when we aren't looking. Also, my oldest has some emotional issues that stem from his mother abandoning him, so I think we might have some emotional out breaks from him when the baby comes.  He is currently in therapy so I am hoping we work through this issue before baby comes or at least come up with coping techniques for when he is having a hard time.  

pregnancy
djspacegirl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

we're going from two to three too.  we have a 5 1/2 year old, a 2 year old and i'm due december 24th.  honestly, i'm trying not to think about it too hard.  i figure we'll find a system for everything eventually. 

" src="http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/CCFFFF/003333/My pregnancy/12/24/2009.png" alt="Pregnancy ticker" />Make a pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)