Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh... the PAIN!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just want to die!! (ok not really, but lord am I tired of feeling so crummy!!)  For well over a week I have had a HORRIBLE feeling in my crotch!!!  It feels like I've been kicked!  It's even some what swollen!  My mom and my Dr. BOTH keep saying it's pressure and I'm mistaking it for pain.. BUT MY INSIDES DO NOT HURT!!!! It's just the outer "areas" that hurt!  It hurts to walk, it hurts to set, it hurts to MOVE! Sometimes it's so bad I just set there and cry!  The best I can help you to relate to my "issue" is if a)you've been kicked in the crotch, b)you've been horseback riding, or c)you've ridden on a dirt bike!  It's just that awful bruised feeling you're left with after all is said and done!      I'm not saying it CAN'T be pressure, but it sure just doesn't make any sense!!!

IT HURTS  :(

I have no idea what to do, or how to make if feel better because I can't just lay around all day everyday.. I have a 3yr old and plus I have to work still!   I'm only 30 weeks pregnant so I've got a long wait to have to deal with this till the END!!lol 

Humpf... sorry.. I just needed to cry a little to women who truly understand! lol

Kourtney B.

Big Sister Khaymin Sure Can't Wait To Meet Her Baby Brother!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
admegan
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Sorry its being so rough for you. I dont really have any advice for you, but I did want to say hang in there. It will all be over before you know and you know as soon as you're holding your baby all the pain you went through will all be forgotten :)  Good luck momma!

funlovinmama82
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM

You could try an ice pack.  I get the same feeling after my husband and I are intimate.  It only lasts a few hours, but during that time I don't want to stand up because it hurts like heck.  I think next time I will try one of those personal area ice packs in my panties.  I know it sounds wierd but it may help.  It's worth a shot at least.

Bennett121
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM

actually it can be atributed to pressure in a sense. During pregnancy your body releases a horomone that kinda loosens things up a bit, this will include all the bones in your lower half unfortunately. Your pubic bone can and will suffer. I have the exact same thing. It feels like someone put on steel toed work boots and kicked the crap out of you right in the crotch. If your baby drops early it will be worse. With my first it wasn't so bad but he didn't drop until the last couple weeks of pregnancy. This one has dropped early and I am in agony. The doctors seem to dismiss all these symptoms like they aren't a big deal but they are a big deal when you can't hardly walk and have other children to tend to ........ hopefully it will be over soon.

meagnriley33
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I feel ya sister, I am a little over 28 weeks and have been having this feeling for about a week.  It is a horrible, bruised like feeling.  And I described it to my hubby as if he was kicked in the junk, cuz it feels like I have been kicked repeatedly down there!  You described the pain pretty well...I am so sorry. I find laying down is the best way to try to relieve it for a bit, I think I will also be trying the ice packs.  My dr. also said it's due to the pressure, so ya just gotta deal!  She offered to give me some pain meds, but I declined...this is our last trimester, we can do it!  Hang tough!

Bennett121
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Quoting meagnriley33:

I feel ya sister, I am a little over 28 weeks and have been having this feeling for about a week.  It is a horrible, bruised like feeling.  And I described it to my hubby as if he was kicked in the junk, cuz it feels like I have been kicked repeatedly down there!  You described the pain pretty well...I am so sorry. I find laying down is the best way to try to relieve it for a bit, I think I will also be trying the ice packs.  My dr. also said it's due to the pressure, so ya just gotta deal!  She offered to give me some pain meds, but I declined...this is our last trimester, we can do it!  Hang tough!

Honestly I wish my doc would give me something for pain. Not to take daily but on the really bad days. Im 34 weeks and miserable. I dont think he would offer to give me anything if I sawed my own arm off.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I agree, when the baby is lower, I get pressure that feels like that.It's almost like I can feel my va jay jay instantly swelling when I stand. If I could see it, I am sure it would be the size of a melon!  I am sorry your in so much pain, I know how miserable it is.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

meagnriley33
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM
also...I forgot to say the Dr. recommended possibly buying a pregnancy pelvic belt that helps hold up some of the weight and relieve some pressure. I think I am going to go ahead and buy one for myself. I've noticed if i hold up under my belly it feels alot better. Hope you find something that relieves the pain atleast for a little while. Take care!
2009mami2alex
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:09 AM
New doc then? I mean isntthat their job to make us comfortable too. Mine gave me dilauded and it works great! It is hard to find though most pharmacies don't carry it.
Quoting Bennett121:

Quoting meagnriley33:

Honestly I wish my doc would give me something for pain. Not to take daily but on the really bad days. Im 34 weeks and miserable. I dont think he would offer to give me anything if I sawed my own arm off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)