Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE 11/17 BLUE* Positive or Evap Line? (pic and PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM
  • 18 Replies

My Beta HCG test came back a 2. Not pregnant. Maybe month 21 will be lucky one...

I just got back from the doctor. She did a vaginal U/S and said my uteras looks good and there is no bleeding in my uteras or stomach. She said its not 100% possible to tell this early with an U/S if I am pregnant but she doesn't think so. I got my blood drawn for my beta HCG numbers and will find out tomorrow if I am pregnant. If so, I will go in again in 48 hours to check my numbers again, to make sure its not ectopic.

So looks like I am probably not pregnant, but I am not going to competely give up until I find out for sure from my blood test. Thank you so much for your support everyone! We have been TTC for 20 months. Even if this one is a no-go, at least we got implantation which is progress (I started acupuncture two months ago, and got implantation last month and this month, for the first time so we finally feel we are getting somewhere!).

I know some of you get tired of these posts. I have had a sleu of mixed messages... positive HPT's but heavy bleeding like a period. Think I am still getting positives but afraid I am hoping too much and just seeing evap lines. I usually use First Response but ran out and had these. This result did not show up right away... it kind of did but definitely got darker over time. Do evap lines disappear after a while?

What do you think?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kbabyz2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I say positive, but you're better off getting a digital one so that there's no confusion.  Good luck.

admegan
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Idk...it looks like a positive to me!

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Definitely dont trust a blue dye test, especially the walmart ones. They always have 2 lines like that. 50% end up pregnant and the other 50% end up not pregnant. I think they should have to take them off the market b/c it can be quite upsetting...

Wait a few days and use a FRER...GL!

I am a 24 year old SAHM of 2 beautiful kids that are the light of my life and my reason for living! I've found the love of my life and we have made a beautiful home together. I'm starting college and am working toward an RN degree...Life is perfect!

stefro87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM

i say positive

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Well, I got a positive test and the next day I started bleeding like a period. I had what's called a chemical pregnancy.

I'd get a digital test and test in the morning with the first pee. But, if you're bleeding heavily like a period (with cramping) I'd go to the doc and see what your HCG levels are with a blood test. Good luck. 

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

geminishadow79
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quoting NoR_CaL_MoMmY:

Definitely dont trust a blue dye test, especially the walmart ones. They always have 2 lines like that. 50% end up pregnant and the other 50% end up not pregnant. I think they should have to take them off the market b/c it can be quite upsetting...

Wait a few days and use a FRER...GL!

i agree, the blue dye test definetly have a higher rate of false positives.  You should go get a digital they are easy to read!  :) For future referance on evap lines, they are grey in color, not the same color as the dye as in your picture.  They don't go way over time they will stay on the test

trewlove
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I agree with all of you. I hate the blue-dye test too and i have had a weird false positive from an E.P.T. This one is a Nob Hill generic. My heavy bleeding was last Wednesday and Thursday. I had light brown spotting today, two times when wiping, but no blood.

I just emailed my O.B. and she is concerned about an ectopic because of the bleeding, cramping, and I had a little dizziness. I am on my way in now for an ultra-sound and she will do a blood test to check HCG levels, if the ultrasound shows a pregnancy. Makes me a little nervous because my sister had an emergency surgery to remove twins who were ectopic, she lost her tube!

Wish me luck, I will definitely post my update when I get home!

queenamy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM

waiting for update.

i hope you're okay!

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia, Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

Shay_Leigh
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Good luck and hope all is well. I bled with what I thought was my period  mine lasts for 3 days and the bleeding lasted for 3 days and was consistant of my period heavy then light .But I am pregnant I didn't find out till I was 7 weeks though probably in denial mostly lol. I am 9 weeks now and had an u/s when I was 8 weeks and the baby is healthy as can be. I will keep you in my thoughts good luck ! 

KokoJones
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM

yikes, i hope it goes well, hun

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)