Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you disapointed?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM
  • 25 Replies

I am wondering if anyone was ever diapointed at first about the gender of the baby? I am not saying disapointed with your child, just at first were you disapointed? When I was pregnant with my daughter they said BOY FIRST because aparently female internal organs develop faster than boys, and at the time of the ultrasound there should have been visable internal girl parts and there werent, so they said boy. I got boy stuff, had a boy name, all that stuff and it was a GIRL! I was disapointed to find out like a week before I was due that it was a girl because I had planned for a boy. Turns out they were wrong to begin with because my due date was wrong. Anyway, I love my little girl very much. I wanted to know if anyone else was ever disapointed in the sex at first?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM

i was disapointed this time cuz my husband has a girl i have a girl and now we are havein another girl i wanted a boy so bad

by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I wasn't. W/our first I didn't have a preference and was perfectly happy w/a boy. This time around I'm happy it's a boy b/c Elijah will have a little brother to play w/ and if it turns out to be a girl, then we will have a little sister to play w/and to protect (when they get older).. Either way, I'm happy as long as the baby's healthy. BUT I do know quite a few people who were NOT happy that I was having a boy, they were a little disappointed.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Hmmm...well, kind of with my 2nd.  I had a son from a previous marriage and my new DH had told me that one child was enough.  When I got pregnant (on the pill...oopsie), I just knew if I had a boy that we'd never have more children and I wanted a big family.  So...when baby #2 turned out to be a boy, I was disappointed only because I thought I'd never have more children...and never have a girl (knowing that if baby #2 had been a girl, DH would have wanted at least 1 more to try for a boy). I now have 2 boys and 2 girls...and am days away from another child (DK the sex), it obviously didn't matter that #2 was a boy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM

No. Both times we tried for a girl. Both times we got a girl.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Hmmm well with my daughter...I already knew i was having a girl...idk how i did...i just did...and with this one im feeling its a girl...I wasn't disappointed with the gender of my first...and idk what the gender of baby #2 is yet...But i might be disappointed if it turns out to be a boy. 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM

With my first I was overyjoyed that we had a boy. I actually shed a tear of happiness. With this one, I thought for sure we were having another boy, and got used to the idea, plus started thinking how easy it would be since they are sharing a room, and all the hand me downs, etc, but at the same time I really wanted a girl. When I found out it was a girl I wasn't nearly as excited as I thought I'd be. I think it's because I know my MIL will be so overbearing (she never had a daughter and really wanted one). So basically the only reason I was  a wee bit disappointed is because I know how MIL will be. She and FIL were way overbearing with my son so I can just imagine it's going to be way worse with a girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Yes I was kinda disappointed with baby #2.3.&4 because baby 1 was a girl so i wanted a boy so bad.. Well baby 1 2 3 4 were all girls. NOw i am pregnant with number 5 and its a BOY I am tickled to death so are the girls. Needless to say they have been wanting a baby brother they thought it was all mommys fault...

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:25 PM

i really wanted a boy and I am happy I got 2 Gabriella was a surprise cause I really wanted a boy when I had her and hoped she was a boy but nope..I had another my husband keeps telling me wouldnt it be nice to have a boy dont you want to try for a boy..I keep telling nope you have 2 chances to make a boy and you

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Yes. With this last child I wanted a girl so bad. when I found out it was a boy I cried. I am THRILLED now. It just took a little time to get used to. It is going to be our last child, so I think that had a lot to do with it. I love him more than anything and am soooo excited to meet him. I was just disapointed that the fun pink dress up frilly days weren't going to happen in my house again ;-)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I have three boys, and I got my tubes tied with my last baby, on June 25, 2009. I wasn't disappointed when I found out with any of them. Hard to explain...There will always be a part of me that wishes I could have had one more baby, and it be a girl.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary. Its the stupid ones that need the advice." big smile mini
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosbykiss mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)