Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im jus wonderin

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

i was jus thinkin bout this its dumb really .... i got that shot to help my babys lungs develop faster so does that mean she would be ok to come out like three or four wks before due date

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:02 PM

it depends on how many steroid shots you get. But my daughter was born 2 weeks early and was completely fine. I SIL's daughter was 1 month early and she did have to go in the nicu and she did get the steroid shots as well to help speed up the process of the lungs developing. It all depends on the baby though.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

stefro87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM

oh cuz i only got one round of shots they said two shots in 24 hrs but he hasnt told me to get more ......... i jus know im gonna be early and i dont want her to go into the nicu

queenamy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I'm not sure, but I think a baby does fine if he/she is born a couple weeks before due date

My OB makes csections for 2-3weeks before due dates

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia, Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I don't know. My last son came at 36 weeks with no shots and he was perfect. No problems at all.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

djspacegirl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:24 PM

full term is considered anything between 36 & 42 weeks gestation. 

" src="http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/CCFFFF/003333/My pregnancy/12/24/2009.png" alt="Pregnancy ticker" />Make a pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)