Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Gift or not To Gift?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Just wondering.  My BFF is throwing my baby shower in Jan.  Does one usually give a gift to the host of the baby shower?  She will also be my son's God Mother.  Thanks all! xoxo

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LennonT0609
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:24 PM

i dont think its really tradition for ppl to gift their hosts, but it never hurts as a thank you. My sister threw my shower and i sent her a thank you card but no gift.

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I never have. I didn't know I was supposed to. I do let them know how greatful I am that they did it for me.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

sissychristi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I have never heard of that before.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

luvbeingmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM

we gave the lady that threw my babyshower a giftcard to a resturant because she was a really good friend and she went above and beyond to make sure it was perfect.

jwebster80
by on Nov. 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Thanks, all.  In ws not sure.  I heard someone mention it, but I did not think so.  I may give her a gift when the baby is Baptized.  she is going to be his Godmother.  Thanks Again!

caribear77
by on Nov. 26, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I gave everyone that helped bring food a thank you card. 

My mom & a close friend did the rest of the work.  I got them both a card & a small thanks. 

I got my mom a Christmas decoration to put out & my friend a gift certificate for a pedicure & manicure.  I hope they liked it.

I don't think you have to though.  The people having them certainly wouldn't be expecting it.

I never thought about it w/ my 1st baby so unfort my aunt didn't get a thank you gift.  I don't know who did want w/ that shower though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)