Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 yr old being induced wensday scared to death.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM
  • 16 Replies
Help! Im so scared! Im 38w and hes measuring 34w so please ease my mind with comfort and dnt say im making a mistake i trust the drs are doing the right thing.
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cssmith
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I know its scary.  I had my daughter at 17 and i survived it.  Why are they inducing you though? 

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

~Brianna Collette~3-29-05~Kaitlyn Rose~10-27-08~

MARIE20
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I had my 1st baby at 17 I was induced it was a nightmare. Doesnt mean yours will be. Relax everything wil be fine

funlovinmama82
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM

All I can say is good luck mama.  I personally am trying to avoid induction at all costs, but that is my personal opinion.  Most of the time, doctors do know what they are talking about.  Out of curiousity, was the baby always measuring small, or did it just stop growing fast enough?  That would make a difference to the docs.  If the baby stops growing, it is usually better for the baby outside the womb.  Even at 34 weeks the baby should be fine, with little to no intervention or lingering problems.  Do what you feel is right.  Mom's have the best instincts, even when we are young.

Jackie416
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I was induced 10days ago with my little girl and my hard labor only lasted about an hr and 40 mins. dont be scared it went good. ok I was nervous too but you get into the mindset of everything when your in labor. I had my 1st child at 18, 2nd at 23 and now my 3rd at 26. It will all go good.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Why are they inducing you.....it makes no since to take the baby early if they think it isn't done cooking yet!!! Well good luck and I hope that the baby handles it all well!! You will survive!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM

You have to weigh risks and benefits~   that makes sense!!   Have you been getting a lot of information so you're feeling informed?

Is this from external fundal height measurements?   Or Ultrasounds?   How long have you been measuring slightly under?   Did several people check?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

racang
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM

you may just be measuring small because maybe you are having a small baby, I am 17 weeks and only measuring at 16 weeks, that is because I don't have big babies. my oldest was born at 6'3 and my youngest at 5'10. Why are they wanting to induce you this soon? 

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

JoyJoy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM

i was induced early with my first when i was 18 cuz there wasnt alot of fluids around her. i was in labor for 40 hours and pushed for 25 mins. everything went fine tho.

robsgurl_23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

being induced is not too bad..I was induced with my first only cause she was not coming out..my water had broken and no contrations and they wanted her out cause she could have gotten an infection if left in there with not all the water.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM

You will be ok! I promise!

I was induced (placenta wasn't working right and he was under stress). I laid there all day hoping to "have a baby any minute" and finally had to have a c~section later that night... (he was stubborn and still is. lol)

I was scared to death... but once I got in there, I was ok... no pain (they had me drugged up. lol) You will be fine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)