Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advise?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

we just found out my brother in laws girlfriend is having a tubal pregnancy and will have to terminate. we are all upset and very sry about it but my husband it taking it extremley hard.  i have tried to tell him that things happen sometimes and you cant do anything. 

what can i do to help him? 

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing(no swine flu), stay at home mom!
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KairisMama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

All you can do is give words of comfort, and remind him that he and his wife can try again when the time is right.  

turkey

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Oh that is tough. I would just be very sensitive to them and the situation. When I had a miscarriage people actually sent  cards to let me know they cared. It's tough territory for sure.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

ashleywilkerson
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

All you can do is give words of comfort, and remind him that he and his wife can try again when the time is right.  

i have tried but its my husband taking so hard not them. thats what im having issues with. they are taking hard of course but my husband has made himself sick over it.

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing(no swine flu), stay at home mom!
Lullaby527
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I think it's important to find out what it is about the situation that is huring your husband so bad.  It may be that he treasures the children that you have created and is grieving for his sister for not being able to experience that right now.  There's got to be something more to it at the bottom of things.... give him love and an ear that's willing to listen. 

sandraberke
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM

as with any loss you have to have proper time to grieve.

plus maybe hes upset thinking something might happen to yours. . .

try and just reassure him. and keep a postive outlook. 

CafeMom Tickerspregnany_with9.gif picture by sandraberkejune.gifpregnant6.gif picture by sandraberke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)