Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottles

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

What kind of bottles are you all planning on using? With bags or without? I'm a first time mom so I'm not sure what to get. Any advice?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

i never used the bottles with bags because thats just more money i would have to spend. I never used the doctor brown bottles because that was WAY to many parts for me to clean all day everyday! i used these and loved them

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

Caligurl19
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

i am planning on breastfeeding with this one and then using bottles if i have to later on but at my hospital with both my kids they give you bottles and stuff to use there well they have these big nipples for the bottles and my son and daughter could never use any other nipple so i am going to use this time the soothie bottles they have a much smaller nipple

ALD1303
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I've decided to use AVENT bc most of my friends have used them and it helps reduce air swallowing. Many will try to convince you not to use these bottles bc they leak but they are just uneducated in how to use them properly. These bottles were designed in Europe and you have to turn the top counter clockwise until you hear a click and then turn it clockwise to seal tight and wholla no leaks. You can even see the grooves on the bottles aren't like regular bottles that you just screw clockwise on..DH says this design is what helps the less swallowed air but I we aren't experts. Good luck!

seddon151
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I plan on breastfeeding too, but would like to have some bottles just in case. My brother can get playtex brand cheap through work so I'll probably end up getting something from playtex.

Quoting Caligurl19:

i am planning on breastfeeding with this one and then using bottles if i have to later on but at my hospital with both my kids they give you bottles and stuff to use there well they have these big nipples for the bottles and my son and daughter could never use any other nipple so i am going to use this time the soothie bottles they have a much smaller nipple

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM

if your going to do playtex i reccomend these! I also had these bottles and i loved them! They still had a few parts to clean but it was alright.They are called playtex ventaire

Quoting seddon151:

I plan on breastfeeding too, but would like to have some bottles just in case. My brother can get playtex brand cheap through work so I'll probably end up getting something from playtex.

Quoting Caligurl19:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

muskegonmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I am going to be useing the playtex wide vent air bottles. I used the dr. browns with my last and they are great if your child has colic.. My son had colic horrable. I am planning on useing the playtex like i said but if i have any issues ill go back to the dr. browns... I loved them. But they are very expensive!

AllNaturalMum
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I'm going to be using The First Years Breastflow bottles.

I'll be breastfeeding and pumping for while I'm at work, from what I've heard the switch is very easy and doesn't interfere with the latching.

pregnancy calendar
LSteckowski
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I had a problem with ventaire bottles leaking.  The bottoms also screwed in and they leaked from the bottom.  I now use Dr. Browns.  yeah, there's a couple more parts, but, for my DD who had horrible reflux due to air, these bottles have been heaven.  No more reflux.  I love them, they werent too expensive either. 

Quoting mommyziegler:

if your going to do playtex i reccomend these! I also had these bottles and i loved them! They still had a few parts to clean but it was alright.They are called playtex ventaire

Quoting seddon151:

Quoting Caligurl19:

Proud Mommy to Harleigh since 7/14/09 and Proud Wife to Kevin since 1/2/09 

TaraKathleen
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I have used Avent with all four of mine and was very happy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I used the vent air and the drop-ins with my daughter. I plan on using the drop-ins with this baby too!

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)