Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 month old hates baths, anything I can do?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 6 month old hates baths. It makes me feel aweful everytime I give her a bath. Is there anything I can do? Change her bathtub, or what.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maddape48854
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Try the sink. Some kids find the large bathtub to be very intimidating and scary. If this is the case, the sink is much smaller and not so overwhelming. Another thing we do is shower with our babies. just have DH waiting outside shower with a towel so you can get washed up too.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

try taking a bath with her! My daughter loves when we take a bath together. i fill the water up to cover her butt and i sit in the tub with her and we play in the tub together. We also take showers together!!! SHE LOVES IT

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

Chrissy9479
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM

hmm well i know with my nephew he didn't like baths either because he had always taken showers and didn't know what to think the first time my mom tried to give him a bath (he was like 16 months) and what she did was get some toys to put in there with him and just kind of kept his mind off of it and now he loves taking baths (hes 21 months now) and he doesn't want to get out! but shes only 6 months so i don't know how well that will work?? maybe taking a bath with her? or putting her in the sink will help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)