Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I haven't heard from my Doula so should I call?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

So basically I called this doula who I have actually meant before through my church as a homeschool mom not a doula but anyway so I called her to find out about her being my doula. She told me that she though she could really help me and that she was pretty sure she could do it but she had to check with her husband first just to be sure he had no vacation plans around my due date. She told me she would call me back. So basically I haven't heard back from her in about 2 wks. Now it is possible she called one of the many times our phones where messing up but either way I haven't heard anything. I am only 6 wks 3 days preggo so its not like her services are needed yet but I am not sure when she is supposed to start meeting with me. I don't want to bother her by calling if she just hadn't gotten around to calling either. So what do you think should I give her a call? Leave it alone? Or maybe I should wait until after my first Doc apt which is mid-Dec and if I have heard nothing try her then? What should I do? Thanks!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Hey mama.  I know of your story.   Yah, it is pretty early still--   she might not have been in a hurry to get back since you're so early into the pregnancy.   Still...   she SHOULD be getting back within a week or two.    So I would call her.   Let her know: "your phone's been acting up and you don't know who may have called...  Since you're so excited to talk with her, you really wanted to make sure you didn't miss her calls.   If she still needs more time, okay, just get back asap..."

• Doulas mother the mother.       :-)
  • Every woman who wants a doula should have one!      :-)
  • If you don't know your options you don't have any.      ~Korte & Scaer
  • If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.    -John H. Kennell, MD
  • Women's strongest feelings (in terms of their birthings), positive and negative, focus on the way they were treated by their caregivers.       ~Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin
  • labor is not about dilation.  Your body knows how to give birth whether or not you have a pelvic exam during labor.  Birthing women need encouragement to trust their bodies, and to be the stars of their own labors.     ~The Doula Guide to Birth

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM

thanks!!

Quoting doulala:

Hey mama.  I know of your story.   Yah, it is pretty early still--   she might not have been in a hurry to get back since you're so early into the pregnancy.   Still...   she SHOULD be getting back within a week or two.    So I would call her.   Let her know: "your phone's been acting up and you don't know who may have called...  Since you're so excited to talk with her, you really wanted to make sure you didn't miss her calls.   If she still needs more time, okay, just get back asap..."

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Lookong foward to hearing more!

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I agree. It doesn't hurt to give her a call.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)