Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to induce myself w/o the doctors

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

am 38 weeks and been in pre labor since thursday night. and been in pain since and i went for a walk today then i started to hurt so i came back inside. The baby has drop. Need some advice. Its my 1st.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steph2884
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:35 PM

If you want to keep up the labor, or start it, or make it go faster, go back out for another walk ;) They say it's effective if you are going to go into labor soon or if you are in the early stages of labor.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Walking and SEX! Works everytime.... hehehe, that is the baby always comes out sometime!!! hehehe

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

stacyemmy
by Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I have been told walking, sex, and nipple stimulation. But its yet to work for me. I am 39 weeks and 4 days. But I guess he's  just not ready to come out!

pregnant

baby

livelaughlover
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:07 AM

nipple stimulation,sex,walking, fresh pineapple,spicy food, cinnimon tea

Pregnancy ticker

FairieQueene
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I've been having pre-labor symptoms for the past six weeks, so don't get yourself too excited.  My little girl dropped then and she's been hanging out ever since. I've been having pains, contractions, cervical dilation, the whole nine yards and still, no baby. I have an induction scheduled on Friday.  You can ask your doctor to strip your membranes to get things moving (it works roughly 50% of the time) or you can do things at home like taking long walks, drinking raspberry leaf tea, or having sex.  The prostaglandins in semen mimic those that your body produces to get contractions going, so it might work for you.  Nothing is guaranteed to work and as my daughter proves, babies come when they're ready!

doulala
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:44 AM
Quoting Mommy112009:

am 38 weeks and been in pre labor since thursday night. and been in pain since and i went for a walk today then i started to hurt so i came back inside. The baby has drop. Need some advice. Its my 1st.

Walking and sex are safe things that moms can try without adding risks.

But you might need a few more weeks yet, so see what you can do to be most comfortable.   The first-time mom averages 41 weeks, 1 day of pregnancy.   Of course, that's just an average, many birth a couple of weeks before or after~   that is normal gestation for them.  

A due date is an estimated mid-point in the four-week due period, and an average...   Keep in mind that the date itself does not represent an expiration date.     ;-)

Baby might not be in the best position for birth, explaining why you may have pre-labor contractions, and pain.   These contractions are nature's way of getting things nicely settled, and ready.  

Whatever is going on, it is for a reason.   Your body is working to get ready for birth.   No need to force anything along.   That can even make it harder on you & baby.

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

AirForceWifeJen
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Well with both of mine I had very intense sex with my husband and then went for a walk. From that point on they were coming. Just remember don't over due it because it can cause stress to your baby.

Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM

They all have good advice.  Walking is the safest bet.  Also I have heard real warm baths can do it too. 

mommy2xp
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:18 PM

sex and walking will get ur body ready and if you are ready to go into labor you will.

Pregnancy ticker

a1love
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 3:22 AM

ok with my 2nd we tried in this order rough but safe sex, a hot bath right after words and we walked.. Now less then 15 min I started to contract.. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)