Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I cant find a job ANYWHERE. We live in a small town and the nearest place is like 15 minutes away and we only have 1 car and SO needs it for work. Anyways I get SO SO bored at home. The only thing I can do is watch T.V. or be on the internet. And there is only so much of them I can handle. I find myself eating ALOT because of this. And Im so afraid that if this keeps happening well Im afraid Im going to be a whale in the end. So what can I do to occupy my time??

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
doulala
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:22 AM

It can vary.   What are your interests?

What about:
childcare
handwork-crafts

helping someone in-need in their home (elderly)
home decor (like floral arrangements)
online-computer work/tech

Do you have children?
What about preparing for the birth?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I second the childcare or if you are crafty you could sell stuff on etsy!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Oh I would enjoy doing childcare so much, and I have tried seeking it out, I put up a couple ads and asked around and unfortunately no one needs daycare or has replied to my ads. I really want to crochet but I dont know how

doulala
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Well, there is something to start on!    ;-)

Quoting Marah2008:

I really want to crochet but I dont know how

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Tiffaney2004
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM

When I started the babysitting thing I posted an ad on craigslist and had a lot of responses. I ended up watching my 11month old nephew and a 2yr old who's mom works with my MIL. I make decent money doing it and believe me you are never bored! They keep you on your toes

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM

You could learn to crochet, I've heard good things about youtube if you want to check that out when you're on the computer..

What about going for walks, to help balance out the eating?

Becoming crafty somehow, I don't know how tho..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)