Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you think you were pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:11 AM
  • 32 Replies

Why did you think you were pregnant? What was DH/SO reaction? and how did you tell your DH/SO and your family. Did anyone have the motherly intuition?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I didn't know. My husband told me I was, I took a test and was shocked. LOL!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

HisB0107
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM

DH and I had been trying so we were always eagerly awaiting the end of my cycle. Well that month I just so happened to have completely lost track of it and so didnt DH. I had final exams at college and DH was inprocessing from a deployment and getting ready for training and for us to move across the country. So believe me when I say I had an e-mail in my inbox asking "are you pregnant yet?" by a website I had subscribed to. I went upstairs and told the DH that I wasnt sure when I should have started my period and it was possibly a few days before. So he reminded me to take a test when I woke up the next morning. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw "pregnant" i the little window! I screamed as I was running up the stairs and by the time I got there he already had his arms wide open to hug me :) Then of course he wanted to see it and told me to go pee on another one. He was constantly making my drink all day just so I could keep peeing on the sticks, lol. What a wonderful day. We soon found out that I had actually tested about 3 days before my period should have started. It took all of about 15 seconds for the answer to pop up.

lovingeveryday
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:02 AM

well, I had been feeling a little off for a few days and I wanted to rule out the possibility of my being pregnant before making an appointment with the doctor (no sense in paying $30 for them to test me for pregnancy when I can get a test at the dollar store).  Well, the day was already pretty crappy, my hubby had to take our dog out and put him down (we live very far away from the vet and he was bleeding to death) so I decided to test while he was out so that when I got a negative it would not upset him.  The first one I took had a VERY faint line so I thought I did something wrong.  I called my sister (mind you this was 11pm lol) and asked her to run to walmart and pick me up a digital test.  She did and when she brought it back I took it right away.  It came up possitive and I was still in disbelief when hubby got home.  I sat him down after the kids went to bed and showed him the test.  The first night we knew I was pregnant was spent with both of us being heart broken over the loss of my dog (who was one of my children in my heart).  The next day I woke up to breakfast in bed and the house had been cleaned.  The kids thought their daddy lost his mind (we did not tell them I was pregnant till after the first US). 

jackieb2811
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Well only been pregnant one time an it was with my twin boys an I had NO CLUE! An I was about 6 weeks when I found out lol. I did mention to SO an others my boobs hurt an I told my gram the day before an she said " you sure your not pregnant" I said no of course lol. Well I was leaving work next day an was talking to my sister an she was like "jackie your pregnant" I started freaking out thinking I CANT BE NOOO! Well she asked me to get a test an come over her house an take it soooo I did an I am pretty sure as I was peeing on it it showed 2 blue lines hahaha!!

I sat there for a few mins in shock!! Then I cried briefly then I called SO an he had NOOOO clue what to say HE was speechless! THEN just as we got used to the idea of having a baby I started having bleeding an my boss took me to ER an they did U/S an the tech asked " do you have siblings " I told her " yes' she said " are they twins " I said nooo why there arent two in there are there " an laughed for a minute thinking her response would be no BUT it WASNT!!! lol I now have 2 yr old twins boys an now I DEFFINATELY know preg symptoms BUT I dont want any more no room in our 3 br house an we dont have the money for another one OR 2 hahaha!! Thats my story!!

skylersmommy010
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

i actually was taking a PT test to prove a to a friend i wasnt pregnant. and im glad i did because a couple days later i started spotting with having complications with not producing enough progesterone to help with the pregnancy. my husbands reaction was he was ok with it but not really surprised he said later afterwards he had a feeling i was pregnant but didnt want to get my hopes up because we had been trying for almost three years. i actually was almost ready to give up on getting pregnant and then all of a sudden im pregnant. my lil' girl is in my mind a miracle and i thank god for giving her to me and now im praying that she comes out healthy and not premature. ive been having a feeling that my lil' girl is going to come out early.

MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

I had a miscarriage back in Sept and dh and I have been trying again since. He deployed on 11/06. he had originally said he didn't want to know until I knew the sex of the baby, and my plan was to wait until Valentines to tell him, but he kept getting irritated that I was sleeping all the time when we had made chat dates. We were arguing about it yesterday and I was finally just like "I need my effing Sleep, I'm PREGNANT!!!" and we kept arguing for a min. After a pause he was like- did I hear you correctly? and I said yep, and that was that! I've known since a few days after conception, my body starts showing off Early! 

Schleetle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM

We were TTC for 15 months, and my AF was a day late. My cycles have been a little wacky in the past, but I just really wanted to test. So I kept whining at DH to get me some tests until he did. When he came back I took one, and it came up positive within seconds. I just yelled "Come look at this!", and he saw the test. He was happy, and so was I. We told his family at Easter dinner.. We wanted to tell them all, but both his sisters flaked out of Easter for the first time in years. I was pissed about that, but it still went okay. I told my family by phone because they don't live close by... My dad, and sister were happy. My mom's reaction was a little odd, but shes excited.

Pregnancy Ticker

jvitale85
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I actually never thought i was pregnant. My cycles have always been all over the place and never had a set 28 day cycle. The first thing that scared me was that my breasts were very tender the friday before sweetest day. Oct. 16th. I went with my husband and our two friends the next day to cedar point and made a joke to my husband, you know it would really suck if i was pregnant right now, the baby would probably feel as sick as i am riding these rides. Well come to find out, the next week at an ultrasound that was scheduled for reasons other than to diagnose pregnancy, i had found out i was pregnant! 5 weeks along......best feeling ever!!

I told my husband the day before his birthday, he was very shocked but he is very excited. Our family found out the next day before we went to dinner to celebrate my husbands  birthday. His friends were there that night so we didnt want our parents to get upset that we told everybody all at once. We thought it would be best to tell the parents first and shock them and then tell friends of the family.

Chrissy9479
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM

well heres my funny story. I went to work one day with this huge lunch and I couldn't figure out why but I was STARVING!!!! i can't remember now all of what I ate but man I was soooo hungry all day. I got home and we had a big dinner and like 30 minutes later I was like yeah I need dessert. DH just looked at me like I was nuts lol and at first I didn't think anything of it and then later that night we were watching tv and i was like you know I think my period should of been here a few days ago.... and then i realized that my boobs were super sore, but they always are/were right before and during my period so I never really thought about that. so i remembered i had a test in the bathroom from the month before and decided that before i went to work the next day I would test. I didn't tell DH because I didn't want him to get his hopes up. so i got up and DH was up making me something for lunch (he had the day off that day, see how sweet he is to me? lol) so i took the test after i got out of the shower and i no more than finished peeing on it and it said pregnant!! i was like in shock!!! so i came out of the bathroom and he was in the bedroom and i walked around the living room for about 5 minutes like hyperventalting lol, and he comes out and hes like babe whats wrong?? and i showed him the test, i couldn't talk i was still in complete shock and hes like omg aren't you happy??? and i just started crying! then he stood there and hugged me for like 20 minutes lol. its not that i wasn't happy i just wasn't expecting it so i didn't know what else to do!! it was funny and DH laughs at me about it now lol.

Happy2BDomestic
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Purple nipples :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)