Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no sex no relationship?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
Well ever since I got preggo with my son my sex life was slowed down a lot. Then I got preggo with this one only 5 weeks after having my son so it never really got a chance to come back. We only did it once in those 5 weeks. Then with this baby it went down even more and now we havnt even done it in oveer a month. Well it seems like ever since it got to the point of barely ever doing it my relationship went away too. And now that we don't have sex at all there's no relationship at all. Except for callin each other babe n the occasional I love you I feel like I live with a friend. We sit and watch tv on separate parts of the couch. We don't kiss. We sleep on our own side of the bed with our own blankets. I've made more physical contact with mt dogs in the past few months then mi hubby. I just miss cuddling and having a actual relationship.
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Talk to him. Tell him you really miss cuddling, and feeling like you have a Partner, not a friend. I would also give it a go to have sex again. I'm usually a pretty ready-to-go-whenever kinda girl, but when I got pg that DIED. I would give in occasionally just because I felt it was my "duty" as the wife, and generally found once things got started I didn't mind so much, and sometimes could even enjoy myself. Too many people rush straight into sex, and being preggo and having lack of a drive can really make this unappealing. Do something relaxing, then ask him for a message or something. Explain in advance that you want to try, but its hard for you and you need a bit of an extra pick-me-up to get started (wink wink, nudge nudge). I gaurenteeeeee you he WILL NOT mind, lol. And if he does he's just crazy. Good luck! 

jendawn1
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:06 AM

im sorry this is happening to you. I want  you to know your not alone. ever since i got pregnant it been the same in my house hold.Havent had any in over 4 months. You would think they would want to do it more knowing they cant get pregnant twice. I love my s/o but i also feel like im living with a friend/ roommate. it's hard to talk about it with him as well because its " im always horny" which isnt the cast i jsut want some love, cuddles, and the feeling i use to with him.

hope things work out for the best for you. if you ever want to chat

msg me :)

StarKissedQT
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:22 AM

im only 11 weeks along myself but i haven't been feeling "it" for over a month and i've felt like a bad girlfriend cuz i just havent felt cuddly or any of that so dont worry... im sure you guys will reconnect.  we haven't been sleeping at the same time either so i sleep when he's awake and he sleeps when im awake and that makes me feel like i cant cuddle with him anyways cuz our sleep schedules r completely different. 

2009mami2alex
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM
I tried talking to him last night and it didn't help h agreed it feels like were just friends. I'm afraid this is the end of us. I don't know what to do =(
Trish1984
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Awe im so sorry that your going through this. But I know exactly how you feel. There is no cuddle time or anything between me and my dh. Im hardly in the mood for sex, and to me there is more than sex. I think since there is no US time is the main reason why i dont want to have sex, im sure pregnancy dont help, but its been like this before i got pregnant. We're be great for a few months then for a few months its like were roommates that share a bed. I totally understand how ur feeling, but im sure it will get better. I think we us a couple just get too content and start taking each other for granted, we dont stop and realize that one day it could be gone. I would just try to talk to him and tell him how you feel. Men need to realize that there is more to a relationship than sex. I cant remember the last time my dh said i was hot or anything along those lines :(

jkmeier8909
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM

my husband and i have sex. but it feels like he's doing it because its a chore for him. he doesn't like it anymore cuz he feels like he's poking the baby, honestly he ain't that big. he is no where NEAR the baby.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)