Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is emberassed by the internal ultrasound

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM
  • 18 Replies

my husband is a nurse. he went to nursing school. he spent a month in the nicu for a rotation, but he flips out at the internal ultrasound?! AND the internal ultrasound was for an EMERGANCY (which turned out fine by the way) so he should have been worried about ME  not the supposed emberassment!

This is the problem, he wasnt around for baby #1 pregnancy or birth thru her second birthday so as a father, all this stuff is new to him. My problem is that an internal ultrasound is the LEAST emberassing thing about pregnancy and I am worried about how he will react to everything else!

I had diarreah for 5 days. gross

I am now constipated.

my ni- you know whats are cracked and dry and hurt

I want to ask my NURSE husband about these things but I havent because of how emberassed he was by the ultrasound, he might FLIP out about this stuff!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby4-ontheway
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM

GEEZ!   Boys are such babies sometimes  :) haha.

Maybe just tell him to "Man up, and be a support for you" cuz it's not like he's next in line for the  dreaded ultrasound...

I hope you feel all better, and stay healthy  :)

jkmeier8909
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM

i would ask him anyway. he's gonna have to get used to it sometime or another. your gonna be pregnant for quite some time lol. my husband sat in the room laughing through the whole internal ultrasound that i had at my 10-12 weeks visit. and afterwards he asked me if it made me horny to have something shoved up there.

Destiny1403
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Your husband needs to grow up fast! These are things that are normally dealt with in pregnancy. He is in the medical field for God's sake! LOL. I think you need to sit down and have a long talk with him.

amy31308
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Wow. My husband who hates anything to do with the medical field and gets all squirmy... didn't say a word about the internal. Didn't phase him a bit. Especially since they put a sheet over you. If I were you I would have told him to grow up and fast. And since you didn't there... I would tell him next time its appropiate.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- May 30, 2010

MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Wow- how is he going to react when the Dr's are reaching all up in there to guide your baby out??? Thats pretty funny though, I giggled when I read the post. Maybe its just because its YOU- my husband would get upset or weird about stuff done to me that he couldn't care about anyone else. And I agree- I would ask him about the stuff, or maybe even ask him straight up how he expects to handle birth if the US freaked him out. Wouldn't that be a STORY if your husband who has been a NURSE for a few years PASSED OUT in the delivery room??? I would never let him live it down, LMAO! Good luck Mama, I think its amusing, but I understand the frustration of wanting your husbands support. 

hazeleyes0606
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I have to agree with the other mom's who asnwered ur post. He needs to grow up, if he is a nurse he comes across worse then that. What is so wrong about the internal US? I have had them done so many times there is a sheet there so you don't show anything and you are the one to put it in. You need to ask him your ??'s b/c that is only right. He might be able to answer them before a dr can call back. Good Luck!!

jkmeier8909
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM

they do put a sheet over you, i found it funny that my husband sat in the perfect angle to see EVERYTHING!

Quoting amy31308:

Wow. My husband who hates anything to do with the medical field and gets all squirmy... didn't say a word about the internal. Didn't phase him a bit. Especially since they put a sheet over you. If I were you I would have told him to grow up and fast. And since you didn't there... I would tell him next time its appropiate.

CafeMom Tickers
acissejessica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Afterwards he said I don't know how you could carry on a conversation with me while you were being violated by that thing! He ALSO said you wish I was that big! HAHA. I mean, the childishness of it does make me laugh. And I should just sit and talk to him about how this really is the LEAST emberassing thing. If he can't man up, I will get another birth partner who will! ... well, if I had a different birth partner it would be a woman, but Thats not the point!

usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

LOL. My husband was jealous of the u/s. We found out when I was 3 1/2 weeks pregnant...yeah, REAL early...we were bleeding and so we couldn't have sex...so anywho...my husband was jealous...he kept saying, "That U/S has gotten more action than I have in 2 weeks". Haha. Men are babies!

Pregnancy ticker

Daynara
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I feel ya on this one. My hubby went with me for my first appointment with the OB and they do the pap and all that. My hubby started whistling the Oscar Meyer wiener song and then asked the doc if he lost his watch! The doc looked at him then at his wrist and started laughing. I was about to die.

When I had my internal u/s he had to help the woman get it in and that was so embarrassing because he told the woman that it takes practice and the woman looked at him like he was crazy. I wanted to die again. Needless to say I learned my lesson and stopped taking him. I just tell him after I go what happened.

Quoting jkmeier8909:

i would ask him anyway. he's gonna have to get used to it sometime or another. your gonna be pregnant for quite some time lol. my husband sat in the room laughing through the whole internal ultrasound that i had at my 10-12 weeks visit. and afterwards he asked me if it made me horny to have something shoved up there.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)