Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital rules and Special Body Wash???

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

Yesterday I had my Doctors appointment and Pre-Op stuff at the hosptial.  H1N1 is going to making the Hospital stay long and boring.  The only people that can come and Visit me is Boyfriend/My Parents plus the Babys Sisters.  Sucks cause my sisters and Aunt was going to come visit me but with the new rule they can't.   And now they have a Special Body wash called Chlorhexidine Gluconate Which I have to use Sunday night and Monday before leaving for the Hospital.  The wash is to Reduce the number of Bacteria on my Skin.  I have a planned C-section for Monday at 7am and I have to be at the Hospital by 5am.  Plus with the new body wash if you plan on Shaving you have to do it 48 hours before the first use of the wash.   But the good thing is the Doctor said I would be in there for 4 days Which would put me at getting out on Thursday (thanksgiving) Well at Doctors Appointment I asked if there was anyway of getting out on Wednesday Night so that I don't miss Thanksgiving with Family and he said that it would be fine to let me go as long as everything is going as planned.  What are your Hospital rules with the H1N1 flu?  Have you very have to use this Body Wash before?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Oh wow, no that is new to me. 

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Wow, thats extream! Hope all goes well so you can get out early. I am pretty sure the only thing my hospital is doing is not allowing children under the age 0f 16 in from visiting.... Which sticks cause i would love if my 4 year old could see his new baby sister the day she is born. And not to mention that he wont be able to see me for a few days breaks my heart

Mommy to Cody: born 1/18/05

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM

At the hospital i am going to no body under age 14 is aloud unless they are a patient or there for the ER.  My son cant come to the hospital at all while I am there and wont be able to see his baby sister till we come home.

Also the maternity ward has very strict visiting hours noon-4 and 6-8pm. the only exceptions is if you are in active labor then they will let in who you want in the room for the birth as long as they are not sick and over 14. My husband will be able to be there whenever he wants but thats it for visitors.

It has upset me because I am having a c-section and will have to stay 48 hours minimum and I wont be able to see my son :(

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM

My hospital is only allowing 2 visitors in- the same 2- the whole visit. This includes the baby's father... So that's really only 1! No children under any circumstances and they have someone at the front of the hospital checking each individual for flu-like symptoms. Have not heard anything about the body wash though. Talk about overboard! HA... I guess we should just be grateful our new little one's have the best chance at staying healthy :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM

The body wash is used for lots of surgeries now, especially ones to the abdomen. It helps kill the skins natural bacteria that causes staph infections if introduced to the inside of the body. It's just to help reduce the almost unavoidable contaminations.

My Toddler Rides Rear Facing!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Wow!! That's alot! I will be having a c-section Dec. 15th and they haven't told me about anything like that. I did ask to stay as short as possible, and they said 48 hours. So I guess I'll find out!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I guess you have to take the good with the bad.  I will not see anyother family members besides my older children and my parents plus The boyfriend.  I would go nuts if they told me my children wouldn't be able to come in.  I'm not to worried about not seeing my sisters and brother or my aunt, But I have to see my kids.  And they have a rest time of 2-4pm.  But if thats all I get to visit its going to get boring.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I haven't heard of any new restrictions since my last hospital tour, but my pre-op appointment is Tuesday so I'll find out for sure then. I wouldn't mind if they said my in-laws couldn't visit... less people to bug me.

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Okay this is kind of strange but last night I went to the hospital for pre-term labor and the first sign I saw was one that read "If you are sick with a fever, cough, vomiting, cold etc, do not come in here". Oh and this was not even on the L&D floor it was at the main entrance of the hospital. It made me giggle inside because it is a hospital but they do not want sick people in it. I was confused. So far I saw kids on the L&D floor and I did not see anything posted about not allowing family members etc there.

by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I have not heard about that. But maryland state rule is no one under 18 in allowed in a hospital for visiting.   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)