Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18wk dr apt

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

So, I had my 18wk dr apt yesterday and things went well. The baby's heart rate is at 140 (he actually felt like sitting still for it). I asked her about the fact that i keep seeing dots and she told me that she would like me to get my eyes checked (since I haven't had them checked since 3rd grade (1993) and she wants to rule that out.). I do need glasses so that may be contributing to it.

I gained 2lbs in 4wks, I was SO upset. However, I'm glad that it wasn't more. I'm hoping that 2lbs was a wee bit of muscle or baby or something but I doubt it..

I have my 20wks u/s on the 3rd and then I go back to my midwife on the 17.. I'm so sick of taking off work to go to apts, but it's necessary. OH! and my GD test went well, I scored an 80something so I don't have that. I'm dreading re-doing the test in a month or so, bleh!

pregnancy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM

congrats on the great visit :0)

i know the visits suck sometimes cuz of work but no worries your bundle of joy will be here before u know it!

:0) 

Photobucket

2009mami2alex
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Why go back for another if you passed?
KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I see spots when i get up and i know it has nothing to do with my eyes. She is ignorant for telling you that.

You shouldnt be worried about 2 lbs in 4 weeks, your supposed to gain about 1 lbs a week in your second trimester.

pregnancy
KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM

It worries me that you are so upset over 2 lbs in 4 weeks. I hope you arnt depriving yourself and baby of food. I found this info for you.

The amount of weight that you should be gaining during pregnancy is, overall, right around 25 to 35 pounds. If you were underweight before you became pregnant, you should gain around 30 to 40 pounds. If you were overweight before you became pregnant, you should gain between 15 and 25 pounds. Of this, some of this weight, obviously, is gained during the second trimester. Still, it is important that you make your nutritional needs and the nutritional needs of your baby more important than measuring the actual weight that you gain during the second trimester, or during any trimester. It should go without saying, but you should almost never be losing weight during the second trimester of pregnancy, or during any part of pregnancy for that matter.

Having said that, you can expect to gain somewhere around a half a pound a week during the early days of the second trimester. This amount should gradually increase during the second trimester, so that by the end of the second trimester you will probably be gaining more like a full pound or more each week. Most of the weight that you should gain will occur late in the second trimester, and on into the third trimester.

During the second trimester, it is likely that you will gain a total of right around ten to fifteen pounds. While you will not have gained much more than five pounds or so in the first trimester, you will gain more like fifteen to twenty pounds when you get into the third trimester.

pregnancy
K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM

great news! dont worry about the weight hun! keep that baby healthy!!!! :)

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I am supposed to do another bc that's the one that most pregnant women do the first time. THis previous one was an early one to make sure. Basically it's bc I'm overweight and she wanted to make sure I didn't have GD. I'm going to try to talk my way out of it though.

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

Why go back for another if you passed?

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I am overweight, so therefore I'd be in the 15-25lbs area. However, I'm already at 12lbs and I'm not even halfway done. AND if you read that I'm SO upset over gaining 2lbs, you may misread a wee bit b/c used the word was, which is past tense which means I'm not anymore AND I said after the sentence that I was glad it wasn't more.. I realize you are supposed to gain some weight if you're pregnant, I'm just trying to make it as minimal as possible. I eat a ton! I also exercise and am not the type to deprive myself of anything. I'm trying to eat healthy and exercise about an hour a day. Another reason I was a little upset over the weight gain was b/c I was actually eating right and exercising and I ended up gaining MORE weight than when I wasn't doing either, tho I find that kinda funny now...Plus, my midwife doesn't want me gaining too much weight.. I love her, but sometimes she annoys me w/the whole weight thing..

I'm NOT one of those women who FREAK over weight gain (I used to be, then I grew up), so I appreciate your worry, but I'm ok.

Quoting KRISTAL_WILDER:

It worries me that you are so upset over 2 lbs in 4 weeks. I hope you arnt depriving yourself and baby of food. I found this info for you.

The amount of weight that you should be gaining during pregnancy is, overall, right around 25 to 35 pounds. If you were underweight before you became pregnant, you should gain around 30 to 40 pounds. If you were overweight before you became pregnant, you should gain between 15 and 25 pounds. Of this, some of this weight, obviously, is gained during the second trimester. Still, it is important that you make your nutritional needs and the nutritional needs of your baby more important than measuring the actual weight that you gain during the second trimester, or during any trimester. It should go without saying, but you should almost never be losing weight during the second trimester of pregnancy, or during any part of pregnancy for that matter.

Having said that, you can expect to gain somewhere around a half a pound a week during the early days of the second trimester. This amount should gradually increase during the second trimester, so that by the end of the second trimester you will probably be gaining more like a full pound or more each week. Most of the weight that you should gain will occur late in the second trimester, and on into the third trimester.

During the second trimester, it is likely that you will gain a total of right around ten to fifteen pounds. While you will not have gained much more than five pounds or so in the first trimester, you will gain more like fifteen to twenty pounds when you get into the third trimester.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)