Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a hormonal wreck....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

I don't even know where to start... I posted something yesterday about how I cried in the line at the grocery store.

And today... I just woke up in pain. I can't sleep at night, because I am just so uncomfortable. My back was hurting, because I think I pinched a nerve (i Have bad back problems). I have a gas bubble in my tummy that TUMS didn't take care of last night. I ran out today, and I am flat broke, so I have no money to go get more. Seriously, that's how broke I am.

I am just 15 months pregnant with immense back pain and pressure, and I am having braxton hicks that have been kind of strong since last night. My doctor told me not to worry even when she didn't check to see if I might have been dialated.

I just cry at the littest things. Like, I am having a hard time with my 17 month old. She is way overdramatic and I get tears in my eyes when she screams, because I feel like I am doing something wrong...

I just would like to take a nap... If I clean today before my daughter lays down, I can take a nap with her. And I think that is really all I need. I am so tired... Please don't bash me for having a moment... I just really needed to say all that and vent.

pregnant bellyI'm Amanda, wifey to Barry and mommy to Jenna and baby number two.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs_patterson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Wow do I totally feel you... I'm 25 weeks & had been doing alright thru the pregnancy so far, up until the other day when I just looked at DH & started bawling and said, "I think this is the first official 'I don't want to be preggo anymore!' day."
I was SO miserable... was starving but nothing sounded good... I felt like the most hideous woman on the planet, nothing DH could do or say was right, etc. etc. Everything hurt...
Blah it was awful! But those days will pass...don't feel bad for having them, there's no shame in it! I hope it gets better for you :)

lovemykids73
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM

So sorry you are having a tough time!  I have been going through all of that too!  But now I'm at 23 weeks, and I have a few ideas that I hope will help you.  Drink lots and lots of water!  This should take care of the gas pain/constipation, exhaustion and also the Braxton Hicks.  If you're like me I wasn't thirsty at all around 15 months, but just keep drinking all you can and I swear all of those issues will disappear.  A nap will also help if you can get it!  :)

For the pinched nerve, my friend is a chriopractor and said the stage of pregnancy you are in is the worst because that is when the most shifting is happening with your pelvis and so all of your muscles and joints can go through a lot of pain!  I still have a pinched nerve I can't get rid of, but I keep stretching and that does really help a lot (I have slight scoliosis that only causes problems when I'm pregnant).  Try stretching, and if that doesn't work try ice too.  I hate icing, so I never did that, but it is supposed to help with the inflammation.  Tylenol can help take the edge off too if you have some. 

Keep your chin up and keep us updated!  (((hugs))) Heather

CafeMom Tickers
AmandaAwesome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Thanks so much! I have been bashed on here before because I was just enting and people took it the wrong way, I suppose. It's nice to see that people can still be nice when you vent! All I needed to hear was "I've been there" Haha, and I am crying just writing this, thanks girl!!

Quoting mrs_patterson:

Wow do I totally feel you... I'm 25 weeks & had been doing alright thru the pregnancy so far, up until the other day when I just looked at DH & started bawling and said, "I think this is the first official 'I don't want to be preggo anymore!' day."
I was SO miserable... was starving but nothing sounded good... I felt like the most hideous woman on the planet, nothing DH could do or say was right, etc. etc. Everything hurt...
Blah it was awful! But those days will pass...don't feel bad for having them, there's no shame in it! I hope it gets better for you :)

pregnant bellyI'm Amanda, wifey to Barry and mommy to Jenna and baby number two.

AmandaAwesome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Wow, that helps alot too. But the thing is, all I drink is water, and I drink it like it's my religion. And I am actually pretty regular for being pregnant. I just have problems with gas :(

But I will do the ice. It's freezing here, so that will be hard. And tylenol hasn't been helping. :(

But all the rest does! Thanks!

Quoting lovemykids73:

So sorry you are having a tough time!  I have been going through all of that too!  But now I'm at 23 weeks, and I have a few ideas that I hope will help you.  Drink lots and lots of water!  This should take care of the gas pain/constipation, exhaustion and also the Braxton Hicks.  If you're like me I wasn't thirsty at all around 15 months, but just keep drinking all you can and I swear all of those issues will disappear.  A nap will also help if you can get it!  :)

For the pinched nerve, my friend is a chriopractor and said the stage of pregnancy you are in is the worst because that is when the most shifting is happening with your pelvis and so all of your muscles and joints can go through a lot of pain!  I still have a pinched nerve I can't get rid of, but I keep stretching and that does really help a lot (I have slight scoliosis that only causes problems when I'm pregnant).  Try stretching, and if that doesn't work try ice too.  I hate icing, so I never did that, but it is supposed to help with the inflammation.  Tylenol can help take the edge off too if you have some. 

Keep your chin up and keep us updated!  (((hugs))) Heather

mrs_patterson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Any time! I lost count of the number of times I've just started bawling for no reason other than the fact that I feel like poo, LOL. The most recent one is that I've started having to get up in the middle of the night to go pee. I am the kind of person who, once I go to sleep, I STAY asleep, LOL. And now it's like every friggin five minutes... outta bed, LOL. It's such a pain and actually makes me mad (Dumb, I know...) and DH's answer for EVERYTHING is the generic "Oh it'll be okay..." Which you can only hear so many times before you get sick of it.
Anyway, I'm totally rambling, sorry... but yeah, I totally understand about just needing to vent sometimes... That's what we're here for!
:)

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Thanks so much! I have been bashed on here before because I was just enting and people took it the wrong way, I suppose. It's nice to see that people can still be nice when you vent! All I needed to hear was "I've been there" Haha, and I am crying just writing this, thanks girl!!

Quoting mrs_patterson:

AmandaAwesome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Men just don't get it, haha. I was kind of rude to my husband the other night, and told him sorry and he said "it's ok, it's just you're hormones" That usually makes it worse!

It's ok to ramble, lol. I never wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I am one of those people too, who stays asleep. But even with m first, I neer woke up in the middle of the night.

Quoting mrs_patterson:

Any time! I lost count of the number of times I've just started bawling for no reason other than the fact that I feel like poo, LOL. The most recent one is that I've started having to get up in the middle of the night to go pee. I am the kind of person who, once I go to sleep, I STAY asleep, LOL. And now it's like every friggin five minutes... outta bed, LOL. It's such a pain and actually makes me mad (Dumb, I know...) and DH's answer for EVERYTHING is the generic "Oh it'll be okay..." Which you can only hear so many times before you get sick of it.
Anyway, I'm totally rambling, sorry... but yeah, I totally understand about just needing to vent sometimes... That's what we're here for!

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Quoting mrs_patterson:

mrs_patterson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM

LOL yeah, I hate it when DH says that... because to me, whatever I'm upset about at the moment is completely justified and is NOT my hormones, haha... (then I realize later, "holy cow that was dumb..." LOL)
You're totally lucky you don't have to get up to go in the middle of the night.. it's such a pain in the butt.
All worth it though, I guess, for the end result.

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Men just don't get it, haha. I was kind of rude to my husband the other night, and told him sorry and he said "it's ok, it's just you're hormones" That usually makes it worse!

It's ok to ramble, lol. I never wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I am one of those people too, who stays asleep. But even with m first, I neer woke up in the middle of the night.

Quoting mrs_patterson:

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Quoting mrs_patterson:

AmandaAwesome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Yeah, I would say so.

And I totally agree on it not being your hormones, when really, it is, haha.

Quoting mrs_patterson:

LOL yeah, I hate it when DH says that... because to me, whatever I'm upset about at the moment is completely justified and is NOT my hormones, haha... (then I realize later, "holy cow that was dumb..." LOL)
You're totally lucky you don't have to get up to go in the middle of the night.. it's such a pain in the butt.
All worth it though, I guess, for the end result.

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Quoting mrs_patterson:

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Quoting mrs_patterson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)