Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about losing mucus plug (maybeTMI)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been having the brownish discharge since about 2AM and when I went to the bathroom 20min ago im still getting that discharge I pretty sure its my mucus plug But does it always take this long to loose it all??????? Thanks to any who can help I am 39wks so not worried about early labor!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
desertwannab
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Some lose it in a chunk or 2, and some get it slowly.  It's normal for it to get loose and come out over time like yours though! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mommy_2_luisito
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Its very normal my Gyn said it can also happen over days little by little up to 3 weeks before actual labor. This happened to me at 36 and a half weeks and she said it was perfectly normal at that time, that my baby was not ready for labor yet...my son was born the next day!!!

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Nope, your not considered early at all. YOur right in the perfect time frame. YOu can loose you mucus plug in pieces or all at once. Loosing your mucus plug however doesn't mean your going into labor. I lost mine 4 days before I went into labor and other woman walked around weeks after loosing their plug. However since you are 39 weeks I would like to think you shouldn't be to far off from welcoming your new baby.

djspacegirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM

with dd#1 i lost mine for a week, or more before i went into labor.  it was a thick, bloody, snot-like discharge and i actually had to wear a pad to help deal with it  (soooo gross!).  with dd#2 i lost it in one chunk.  so far this time around i haven't had to deal with that, but it won't be long now!

" src="http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/CCFFFF/003333/My pregnancy/12/24/2009.png" alt="Pregnancy ticker" />Make a pregnancy ticker
Cafe Lisa
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I think it depends. I lost mine 2 weeks before my due date and I still ended up being induced after my date.

Hang in there -- soon you'll have a baby! 

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

Cafe Lisa, Pregnancy Group Mod

sheena20
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I lost mine with my 2nd* i was induceed with my 1st* i lost it then i went into labor hrs later..! it all depends on your body..my 3rd i lost it and went into labor that night..walk walk walk..alot it helps it come faster..i know you might not was to hear it but sex is a good way too...i only went full treat with my 2nd and i was soo ready  i know how you feel

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Mine took all day to come out in pieces along with bloody show. That was a couple days ago.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)