Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long does it take to get evicted?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
Well for the past year our apt. Rent was paid by the child support by my dad. Well when me n my hubby signed our lease he had a good factory job n I had a great waitressing job at a club/hookah bar. Well he got laid off right after we signed the lease n bout a new car. He couldn't Find a job for 2 months and since then he worked at subway where he didn't make much and I had to quite my job. Well he got 2 new jobs cleaning a hospital and working at abercrombie but we are so far in debt from the last year that we didn't get to save for rent at all and now he's getting laid off again from the cleaning company which is our biggest source of income. So my child support ends in december so we won't have the money for jan or feb rent. Our lease ends the last day in feb so we have to be out by then anyways. How long will it take to evict us? is there a chance our lease will end before they will make us move out?
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM

they can take you to court and make you pay those two months.  it depends on how long they take to evict you though.  they could do it in jan. i would think if you dont pay

Pregnancy ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Bump please?
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM

my mom just got evicted and her landlord went to the courthouse, she was served 2 days later and had 14days to get out. another friend same thing was seved 2 days later and had 48hours. and my aunt it was like 4 months befor she was served and and had 30days to leave. so it just depends on how bad they want to make you leave.

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at
i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing(no swine flu), stay at home mom!
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Being evicted right away depends if you have kids or not. If there is no kids in the house i believe they can give you 48 hrs and if you do it takes alot longer for them to evict you. . But if i was you talk to your landlord,  I wouldnt just not pay and just wait to be evicted bc that could really piss your landlord off. So just be up front with him/her and tell them whats going on. They may work with you adn they may not but you wont know till you try. Hope it works out for you.

by New Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM

instead of just not paying maybe you can call our landlord and set up a payment plan with him to pay for jan and feb? just explain the situation most would rather work with you than pay legal fees to kick you out

Amanda: Proud mommy to Zoe 10/22/04, Landon 8/3/06, Taylor 9/16/08 and Baby #4 due 1/19/10

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:12 PM

yea your lease will end. They cant just remove you from your place. They may TELL you that you have to leave, but leagally they cant make you leave. I was evicted, it took 3 months of being late, then 1 month of going to court, then they gave us a lock out date that was like 2 weeks later so we had 2 weeks to get our stuff out. AND you have a little kid I guess? or you are pregnant? so you may get help from the state. I would call the welfare office and ask what they think you should do. They can tell you where to go to avoid an eviction. Youll never rent again if you get an eviction on your credit report.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

O and check your lease, it should say how many late payments/months benind you would have to be before they can persue an eviction. Also, who signed your lease? if it wasnt you, you should talk to THAT person because it would be on them too.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I don't know, here is a bump for you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM

It is on your lease agreement you signed. It is different for everyone.

I also agree instead of not paying, try to see your other options and set up a payment plan possibly!?   

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM

It seems from what I have read that in ohio if you don't pay your rent by the "past due date" usually set forth in your rental agreement.  Like your rent is due on the 1st, but it isn't late until the 5th type thing.  They have to give you a 3 day notice to pay or vacate then file with the court.  A court hearing will be set for 2 weeks out and if you are found to be in the wrong, which if you don't pay your rent you will be, they will send a balilff to your apartment and make sure you get everything out and change the locks.  SO, if your landlord is nice, and you explain the problem to them, they may work something out with you, otherwise you will probably be kicked out by the end of January.  I know it sucks but do what you can and it is so much better to just talk to them about it.  Usually they are more understanding if you do that than if you just don't pay.  Look up the landlord tenant act where you live, it gives you all of that info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)