Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

switched to maternity clothes?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had to make the switch to maternity clothes yet? This is my second pregnancy, with my first pregnancy I outgrew my jeans at 19 weeks, I am only 6 weeks along right now and I am wondering when i am going to need to make the switch this time. I weigh a lot more this time around, don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Mommy to Hunter James born 9/16/08 and Baby # 2 due on 7/16/10Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Lol, I had to go buy maternity clothes at 4 wks last time! I was already out growing my clothes anyhow, and the pregnancy hunger helped me expand past my waste band QUICKLY! I had a miscarriage in sept @ 8w, and didn't loose any of that weight, so I'm headed to goodwill today to see if I can snag some more clothes for "the low-low" lol. I'm like 3w6d and I refuse to walk around uncomfortable!

preggomama26
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I am now 12w4d and I wear lots of PJ's lol.  Mostly because they are more comfortable.  I bout a belly belt that had small ex-panders in the pack.  I use those for my jeans when I want to look half way decent.  Before I got pregnant I lost about 25 pounds so I wear some of my bigger stuff when I go to the grocery store or something like that.  I have only gained 1 pound and I am to not gain a huge amount since I am still overweight.

LRMommyof2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Im 8 weeks with #4 the more you have the quicker you show... Im not in full out maternity but i did pick up a few things like maternity leggins that I have been living in lately!! I am definatly showing.  I wore my regular jeans with my 1st all the way to 20 weeks!!

CafeMom Tickers
amy31308
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:58 PM

The first picture is me before (I'm the brunette on the right) (don't ask about the picture hahaha) ... and this is me now at 11 weeks (I'm almost 13 now) (2nd baby) (sorry only picture I can find that shows my stomach) I just added another picture so you can somewhat see what I was before too... the guy isn't my husband either, he's one of my best friends... he just adores my son :)

I posted the pics  to show I am starting to show a little bit but I still don't need maternity clothes. I've lost ten lbs due to morning sickness and my pants are so loose on my butt, but sometimes uncomfortable when buttoned. Like right now I just realized I'm sitting with my pants unbottoned :-P  I guess I just don't really feel like I'm showing and I don't feel like I should be wearing maternity pants yet.. some days my pants are fine somedays they aren't.. I'll just wait until I can't button them any longer :)

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- May 30, 2010

annaviaclovsky
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I am at 15 weeks and wearing my regular pants. Some days they are tighter than others though. But I have one pair of shorts that are maternity and they are comfy. I love them <3

CafeMom Tickers

Mamie_85
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM

My jeans are just unbuttoned. but i'm getting some maternity things probably before thanksgiving. i refuse to go out looking like this lol. i need something that covers my belly, but lets me breathe! so off to Motherhood Maternity most likely.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

Mom2Mylie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM

ive been wearing maternity clothes since my MC in June, im now 9wks 4dys with this baby, and i can say i have already grown out of my one pair of maternity jeans from old navy, got to go up a size...or two. i have always been one to show early, i bloat like crazy. i have a ton of maternity shorts, but i dont think that is going to help in this somewhat cold weather.

Loving Wife to Daniel, Blessed Mom to Mylie and one on the way!!

CafeMom Tickers

marinewife0311
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:19 PM

well this is my third and im almost 30 weeks but i switched about 9 weeks i was just bloating but very uncomfortable in my reg cloths. im not a skinny girl either btw. when you feel its right then switch or when you need comfort you will know when is the right time

FallinLikeAshes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I just took a rubber band and looped it through the button hole and around the button of my pre pregnancy pants. And I always had to wear a long shirt so no one could see it, lol.

sunshinemama86
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM

i am 15 weeks with my second. i can wear my shirts and zip my pants but the button is tricky on some pants i can button but it is uncomfortable others i can not button at all. so i have bought one of those belly bebands it works well and if my shirt is a little short it just looks like you are wearing a tank under your shirt. with my dd i did not show till 20 weeks so it seems to be happening sooner with this pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)