Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really dissapointed and upset

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

well about a month ago my dr and i talked about having a vbac i have had a natural delivery once and my son was csection. i told her my concerns and asked her about a vbac and told her i did my research and that i would really like to avoid csection . she said it was fine with her ...and she had no problem that the only reason i would need a csection is if i didnt dialate or if i carried past my due date because they cant induce you with a vbac. soooo this week i saw her she examined me and talked to me for a few minutes she explained to me that she wasnt comfortable doing a vbac because of my previous history and because my pelvic bone is very narror and she didnt feel like its in the best interest of me and my baby and told me that its not safe to have a vbac and about utreus rupture . well i was mad of course and disapointed and i told her i didnt want to be forced into having a csection . so she told me that if i wasnt flexible then if i didnt trust her to take care of me i needed to see someone else then. well i got mad and left . i got to thinking about it and im a little confused about everything and really upset.  because she knew my history from the beginning and she never said anything when we discussed it last time she was fine with a vbac and shes been seeing me almost 8 months and she never said anything about my pelvic bone being narrow ..so i dont know why all of the sudden she changed her mind

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I am sorry. What a bummer!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Squirt254
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM

it could be the way the baby is positioned. She would know whats best for you. I agree with her actually, if you don't like what she is saying it sounds as though you do not trust her. There are a lot of risks in vbac, why would you want to risk your baby or yourself? Good luck, I hope things work out for you.

Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Aww I am sorry!! Don't do anything you don't want to do!!  Try seeing if someone else will takr it oN!! 

mommacat
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I think you should set  up a time to talk with her and ask her why she's changed her mind from when you discussed it before. Hang in there!!

Cathy its a boy

jamiesmom1
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:39 PM

She can't force you into doing something you aren't comfortable with. (Unless life threatening of course). Stand your ground hun. Good Luck!

LeanneC
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:39 PM

This is called "bait and switch".  They tell you everything you want hear up until the end and then find a reason to go back on what they originally said.   It's unfortunately very common with VBACs.

Call around, find someone who will see you.

Shay_Leigh
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I would call around and get 2nd opinions because I have heard so many stories like this and they had no problems with their vbacs and the baby wasn't to big or their pelvic bone wasn't to small so I would make sure that is the case before getting down and feeling defeated . Good Luck mama ! 

Schleetle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Is there another doctor at the practice who can see you instead? She can't force you to have a c/s... I don't think it will hurt you, or baby to try with narrow pelvic bone being the only reason. If labor doesn't progress you agreed that you would have a c/s so I'm not seeing why she has a problem with letting you at least try. Sorry :(

Pregnancy Ticker

lyrarayne
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Yeah I'd rather them cut me open then do the vbac, there is too much potential for damage to the baby with that procedure. I just had to sign a form indicating whether or not I wanted that as an option over a c-section. I said absolutely not. There is potential for bleeding in the brain, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)