Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

detecting labor

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how we know it's really labor or false labor.  My obgyn just told me if I should have 4 contractions in an hour, to go check in at the hospital.  How would I know if it's really a contraction or just the baby pushing on my belly.  (she bounces around all the time in there).  I do recall how painful the contractions were with my first child (5 years ago), but when I was counting and noticing the contractions that day, I was dismissed by both my husband, my friend, and even my doctor.  They were like, "no you're not in labor.. those are just Braxton Hicks".  Well, 6 hours later, everyone quickly realized I was in labor b/c I was on the floor in so much pain!  I'm trying to AVOID that scenerio this time around LOL so want to make sure I don't miss warning signs this time around.  I am aware of the whole mucus plug thing and how some women have other symptoms (diarrhea, cramps) before the big L comes.

Any tips are welcome to getting through this last trimester too.

Pregnancy ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM

It is really hard to say until you just can't talk threw them. I just had contractions 4-6 minutes apart for two hours the other night. I took a bath and they stopped. So I wasn't in labor but had tons of contractions. 

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)