Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting on doctor to call back... *UPDATE*

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am having TONS of pressure in my lower abdomen. I am almost 18 weeks pregnant. This does not feel like braxton hicks contractions.It is a constant HARD pressure that is progressively getting worse....any ideas on what this is????

Dr. called and said it just sounds like stretching pains...I don't know though. I am sitting here in tears because I am so worried...I just wish my belly was see through so I didn't have to worry about my little girl! Thanks for all the well wishes. He told me to take some tylenol and see if it lets up in about an hour. He also said that there wasn't much he could do to "help" me at 18 weeks (like stopping premature labor.) Just keep me in your prayers please :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yabbadabba07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM

bump

jjones0461
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the bump!

wifecombs
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM

eeek im not sure but here is a bump for you!

JoyandLove
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM

My prayers are with you. 

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Quoting JoyandLove:

My prayers are with you. 

jjones0461

Thank you ladies.

2BabIez2BeBaker

I was having this same problem (and still am) and it was even accompanied by cramping... I went in and got checked and it was just the baby!  he's so low and dropped rather sudden EARLY that he is causing alot of pressure! I wasn't dilating or anything.. just.. constant pressure!  GL !!

Is this your first baby?  I was told this is common with proceeding babies because our muscles are stretched and so it doesn't take much for this to go on

Big Sister Khaymin Sure Can't Wait To Meet Her Baby Brother!!

jjones0461
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM

No this is my second pregnancy. Thanks for the info.

Quoting 2BabIez2BeBaker:

I was having this same problem (and still am) and it was even accompanied by cramping... I went in and got checked and it was just the baby!  he's so low and dropped rather sudden EARLY that he is causing alot of pressure! I wasn't dilating or anything.. just.. constant pressure!  GL !!

Is this your first baby?  I was told this is common with proceeding babies because our muscles are stretched and so it doesn't take much for this to go on

desertwannab
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Have you gone to the bathroom (#2) in a while?  Sometimes this can cause the pressure that women feel...???   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
jjones0461
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Just went this morning :) Thought that could be it also, but I tried to go and I don't have to.

Quoting desertwannab:

Have you gone to the bathroom (#2) in a while?  Sometimes this can cause the pressure that women feel...???   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)