Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes tied

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM
  • 21 Replies

Has anyone heard of some one getting pregnant 1 year after getting their tubes tied? I had my tubes tied last  year in nov. And I haven't started yet this month.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJWard
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

A mother of a child at my sons school had that happen to her. It is possible but im not sure how often things like that happen or if its just 1 in a million.

pregnancy calendar

isaiahsmomSATX
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

My cousin had her tubes tied 7 years ago and she now has a 1 1/2 year old. It happens but from what her Dr told her not very often.

~V~

mommyto4kids07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

YEP! Me...... lol... I am almost 5 months preg right now and had a tubal done in April of this year...Found out i was preg in August  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
catysnanny
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

You most certainly can get pregnant with your tubes tied!!!

I have had 3 confirmed pregnancies after having my tubes tied.

The first was almost 10 yrs to the day of having my tubes tied.

I carried to 4-1/2 months

The second was almost, 1 yr to the day after that... I was 22 weeks & was carrying twins!

3 yrs later...here we went again!

I had miscarriages due to both the pregnancies being regarded as high risk pregnancies &, I was on some strong medications for tumors. (brain) (I did not know that I was pregnant until too late to stop the meds & take better care of the babies to be)

I regret that I hadn't done better, but also the Dr. not treating me or the pregnancies as an important part of my life!!!

I was told that when you have your "tubes tied', that you should have them checked (dyes ran through them) about every 7 yrs.

They can grow back...especially if you had to have any type of surgery in that area. (which I had)

catysnanny
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting mommyto4kids07:

YEP! Me...... lol... I am almost 5 months preg right now and had a tubal done in April of this year...Found out i was preg in August  

Congratulations on your baby to be!

I was shocked when I found out I was pregnant after "10 yrs" of having my "tubes tied", but then my family & I, had become very excited, & was looking forward to the new arrival.

nistee
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM
I guess my question would be how are they doing your Tubal? Are they cutting your Tubes or just putting something around the tubes so that nothing can get in? Monday I'm having a Tubal and they are Cutting. I was in for my Pre-Op and she said that there WAS a doctor that was just putting something around the tube to cut flow and 2 of his ladies got Pregnant so he is now Cutting them. She said that they have never had a lady come in that had a tubal done by totally cutting the tubes apart.
nistee
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM

When I asked the nurse how they do a tubal and she had that they will cut them, burn them and then will Tie them.

MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM

A friend fo mine got pg after having a tubal, it was ectopic and she was lucky she ended up being ok- she ended up rushed to the ER b/c  her tube ruptured. I've heard its most common to have a tubal pregnancy if you get pg after getting them tied. Don't really know, though/

Join us! A place for Mom's with loved ones on deployment to support one another through a pregnancy. If you are or ever have been pg while your loved one was away join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnanthroughdeployment

army              stork

SummerMeadow
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:58 PM

About 1 out of every 350 tubal ligations "fail", resulting in pregnancy. Of those, 60% are an ectopic pregnancy, which is life-threatening if not treated. Thats what I just found that on the internet. The symptoms I 've been having is mild headaches, fatigue, relieving myslef quite often. And cravings for sweet things, i only want sweet things  when I was pregnant with my girls. On top of that no period yet. I feel like i'm pregnant. My asthma has been acting up, Shortness of breath and also dizziness? Any clues anyone?

punchingDH and I married '04 toddler girl Montana Nikole '04 twin girlsEmma Grace '05 & Madison '06 baby girl Payton '08

Erika2408
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM

well i would say test...from what you say sound like you could be pg.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)