Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

used items

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

i dont know if anyone has noticed this....but why do some people sell their used baby items for SOOO expensive!?!?!?

i was on craigslist today and see this baby swing

she wants $100 for it used...i cant even see this swing being $100 new....WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE!?

image 1474886943-0

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM

It's like that around here too.  I've already started looking on Craigslist just to see what people have, and it's no cheaper than going to Walmart or Target!  But that's okay, I'm getting a swing and bouncer FREE from a friend of mine...YAY!

pregnancy calendar

yayay15
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

That's way tooooo much!!! 

Come join the grand opening party of my new group! Games, Contests, prizes and fun!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/anythingmotherly

See ya there!

annaviaclovsky
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

If you think tha tis crazy... I was just on craigslist looking at the horses and I found a gorgeous palamino (tan horse) taht is 15 years old (horses live for like 30 years or so) and they wanted 15,000 dollars for it. I was like NO. lol

CafeMom Tickers

KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I've noticed that too. I found a used swing on Craigslist the other day that I know retails for $120 new at Babys R Us. On Craigslist, she wanted $110. It was outrageous!

flyfree55
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM

the craigslist for here is good i got everything i need for a 0 to 3 month old for 30 bucks it was great. i dont see that for 100 new thats odd

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM

lol well im happy im not the only one who thinks so!

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

StarMommy06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I dont think Id take that swing if it was free.....

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I think it's the same with anything- people want what they paid for things, and that's just not how it works. I think the resale price of things should be around 35%. Sometimes I even hate resale shops, because they way over price baby furniture.

a wedding website

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Quoting StarMommy06:

I dont think Id take that swing if it was free.....

pregnancy
2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

HAHA  so It's not just a Kansas thing? lol..   I've noticed that too!  Some of the UGLY-EST items, in crappy condition and they want sooo much $$ for them!  Same with at yard sales!! lol...  

BUT weed through all the retards and you can score a few good deals!!!  I got my swing, bouncer, a HUGE tube of brandnew and stained free used clothing, some blankets, bottles, a front carrier, diaper genie, bumbo chair.. and a lot more.. and it only cost me $100.00!!! I thought it was a pretty good deal because all the items were less than a year old, or brand new!!!    plus I've gotten so much other things, I just patiently await good deals! lol 

Big Sister Khaymin Sure Can't Wait To Meet Her Baby Brother!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)