Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!"Too much amniotic fluid????????????????"

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

Im 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My son was born 4 years ago yesterday and 29 weeks and 6 days. He was 2lbs 15 oz 15 3/4in. With this pregnancy I have been in and out of the hospital with contractions. The have given me 3 shots about everytime and sent me home with a medication called propranolol to stop contractions. This medication made me pass out and my chest hurt. I stopped taking this med and had to go back to the hospital with contractions. They basically told me that I had to take it and take those chances. I also found out that there isnt really a medication to stop contractions they are other medications that they give us that have the side effect of stopping them. This medication that they give ladies is actually for people with angina. Thats why I reacted like that. Well the Dr said that my uterus was messuring large and that we needed an US I had one yesterday. I asked " is there enough fluid?" She said " actually there is way too much fluid Ill let the Dr know" I was just like hmm ok.... On the way home my husband said.. "does something look wrong with her?" I said no and if something were then I would still love her. I wonder what it means to have way too much fluid.... My hub dropped my son and I off at home and I looked it up. There was NOTHING good on there that I found and I freaked out. I kept thinking about 4 years ago that day that I had my son and replaying everything. Maybe this is what was wrong with me and nobody knew thats why I had him! The symptoms where all there and nobody knew. I cant breathe and my back is hurting way more than with my other 3 kids. I wanted to ask this yesterday but was too upset and couldnt stop crying. Has anyone else had this what happened? I read that they could drain it but my friend said that her friends babies are in the NICU in Dallas because she had too much amniotic fluid and they went to drain and she went into labor. Im scared!!!!

UPDATE! Ok I went to the Dr today for the ultrasound. Im 35 weeks and 5 days. She said that  the baby is already 6 lbs and 6 oz! But the reason why Im measuring big is because I have too much fluid which was not good she said that now I should have about 25 and I have 32. The tech was worried and said hold on I need to get the Dr looks like you are going to have the baby sooner. (my c sec is 1/25) Well she came back and said I told the Dr what was wrong and she said to keep your appointment on the 6th and she wants to test to see if you are diabetic! Im like !!!!!! They have tested me for that 3 times already and always neg!!!!!! I just got tested for that again while I was in the hospital which was a week ago!!! Im so fed up with this hospital! She said that its either that or something might be wrong with the baby. You got to be kidding me!!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

It's actually very rare for excess amniotic fluid to cause any problems with mom or baby. The tech really shouldn't have said anything though. That is for the doctor to decide.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
heidi_val
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I think I read a similar post to yours awhile back. The woman was concerned because the tech told her she had excess fluid, but when she talked to the doctor, the doctor told her not to worry because the baby could have just pee'd and they would check it again and I think it turned out fine.

glenda09
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Thank you all so much... The lady said WAY too much fluid which freaked me out. One of my friends also told me that she should have never said anything to me about that. I remember now when I had an ultrasound for my gal bladder I asked if everything was ok and I remember him saying I cant say anything I give the Dr the results and they will let you know. I have my next appt on the 25th Im sure if anything was wrong they would have called by now right? THanks again for the advice!

Glenda

No dream is too big when you work from home!  http://www.workathomeunited.com/glenda09 

Get">http://www.diaperjunction.com/?AffId=15">Get FREE Diapers at Diaper Junction!

glenda09
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM

UPDATE IN RED ON POST

funlovinmama82
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I am like 2 days ahead of you and when I went in yesterday for a growth scan she weighed 6lbs 10oz, her head is measuring at 39 weeks, and my fluid was 25 and some change.  The doctor asked if I had all these problems, and I kept saying no.  I was negative for GD, my AFI's have been fine until yesterday, and I don't have any other reason to have the excess fluid or the slightly large baby.  She is in the 64th percentile I think, which isn't huge, but isn't small either.  I am not having a c-section if I can help it.  They want her out before I hit 39 weeks, but that may change after this scan.  We shall see.  I am not overly worried about it because I think if there was really something bad going on they would tell me more.  They also told me that if she came now that would be fine, they would not stop my labor.  So whenever these babies decide they are ready it is all ok.  Don't worry until they give you something to really stress about.

glenda09
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Thanks mama... i went to my appointment that I had with her and she said I BET your are diabetic. I said we tested for that 3 times and the last time is when I was in the hospital for a week not even 2 weeks ago. She said that its way too much fluid at 32 when it should be 25. And gave me a script for a meter, test strips etc. she was also going to give me glyburide but I have taken that before and said it made me gain like 30 lbs in a month so I wont take it. I was on metformin for awhile and that worked she gave me a script for that also. But then said if your levels go below 70 a few times STOP taking the meds because you arent diabetic. well my meter doesnt get here for a few days and she wanted me to start the meds right away, I wont since I dont know my levels. this is just crazy! She said that if Im not diabetic somthing might be wrong with the baby. thats why Im freakin now!

TheMillerFamily
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I had to much amniotic fluid when I was pregnant with my son, the only problem it caused was I couldn't go into labor on my own because my son was still floating around in there rather then being able to get into the birthcanal to start labor. I was 10 days late and as soon as my water broke labor was on and I had a Very healthy baby boy less then 2 1/2 hours later.

I hope everything works out great for you.  Try not to worry though, I know its easier said then done but try!!

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)