Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ummm did you say 5 WEEKS?!? (piog) ***UPDATED***

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  • 37 Replies

Let me put in a little background info here before I freak out lol

This is my third pregnancy. Another boy. I am 200% SURE of when I got pregnant down to the HOUR almost this time. (we were trying and charting and testing ovualtion etc etc ) My first two boys have measured no more than two days big or small of my due date- and this is 100% sure too (I have my medical records in front of me in transport to the new doctors office.. confidential? oops lol) I weigh less now at 24 weeks than I did when I first got pregnant for #2. I have gained 8 lbs this pregnancy, but I only gained 12 TOTAL my last pregnancy.

Anyway... I went in for my last appointment at my old doctors office today and decided I was going to beg for an ultrasound to make sure I really am having a boy. Unfortunately they had an emergency and he said he would have done it, but just couldnt because of time constraints, but would find a "reason" to order me another one for next week. He jokingly said, "I will just say that your dates are off or something, like you are measuring big" and I said that would be great! And then he measured my belly. His eyes got all big and he said, "oh!" Turns out I really am measuring big after all! Woohoo i thought, he wont even have to lie for me! -but here is the kicker-big indeed- like FIVE WEEKS too big!!!! WTH?!?! I am supposed to b e 24 weeks TODAY and I am measuring 29 weeks today! So turns out I need another U/S anyway!!!!

I was complaining the other day about the fact that this baby is already up in my ribs AND hurting my pubic bone (my pubic symphisis grinds and pops, no need for details there suffice to say it SUUUCKS) but didnt think too much of it, but my first was up in my ribs and never bothered the southern regions at all, and my second never touched my ribs at all, but I had TONS of pubic/pelvic nerve issues! And I was also complaining that the middle of my stomach must be dead this time because I never feel the baby in the middle ever- it is always in my ribs or on my bikini line. I figured it was due to a frontal placenta, but according to my charts (evil grin) my placenta is fundal so that shoots that theory down. Even as I sit here (and it has been this way for a few weeks now) I feel like my lungs are getting squished, and my ribs are being split in the middle, while I feel movements on my bikini line.  

But of course now I am FREAKING out- how the heck did this baby get so big? I buy a week or two in error, but holy crappola, FIVE weeks?! At 6 weeks everything date wise was right on. At 9 and some, the baby was about 5 days bigger than EDD. At 18 weeks it was 10 days bigger that EDD. Now at 24 weeks, I am 5 weeks bigger?!?! I highly doubt there is another one in there, but how is it that with my first two I never measured like this... I guess it is possible... weirder things have happened... but this has never happened before!!! Any ideas girls?

Okay so I had a very LOOOONG ultrasound last night. There isnt twins in there, and the baby isnt a huge mutant baby like we thought. Instead, There is something wrong with ME. My right ovary is extremely large for some reason, I am running on the assumption that this si the reason for the 5 week difference, but I still dont know much. She also was looking very intently at my fluid levels. I am by no means an expert but this is my third and I have never seen that much fluid in there before. The tech made me stay at the hospital until a radiologist reviewed everything, but finally they came out and let me know that it was at least safe for me to go home. She kept asking if I had any history of cysts or fibroids and I kept saying "apparently not until now!" and of course she was scanning it and kept pushing on it- it didnt hurt at first when she asked but now OUCH!

As far as checking the gender well..... we are assuming it is a boy still BUT the baby wouldnt give us the time of day as far as revealing itself!! Kept those legs closed the WHOLE time. I didnt see any testicles (tmi) doesnt it seem like you would see them below if the legs are snapped shut? lol IDK I am just annoyed that was the whole reason for the ultrasound and not only did I not get to double check the gender, I got a mutant ovary instead!!! She was nice though and did a quick 3d scan for us, my cute lil munchkin did NOT like that and buried its little face in my hip and towards my back and then put his hand up to cover its face! The picture is the baby facing right with hand over part of its face!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yabbadabba07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

bump. I have no idea but I am very interested to learn the answer!

jackieb2811
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Every pregnancy IS different!!!

Squirt254
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

hmmm I am not sure, maybe just different kind of pregnancy? Has any of your blood work come back screwy causing your doc to think you are having more than one? That seems like such a HUGE difference. I hope everything is ok, keep us posted? Please?? Good Luck!!

housefullofkidz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I had this happen. My little one did come 4 weeks early and weighed almost 8lbs!! I knew my dates, so he was just a big baby.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

AndreaAKAMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Squirt254:

hmmm I am not sure, maybe just different kind of pregnancy? Has any of your blood work come back screwy causing your doc to think you are having more than one? That seems like such a HUGE difference. I hope everything is ok, keep us posted? Please?? Good Luck!!

Nope, no screwy bloodwork, nothing out of the ordinary other than I had a subchronic hemmorage at about 7 weeks. I looked up the standards and what not for measurements, and becuase they say that uterine measurements are slightly rough it is normal for them to vary 2 weeks more or less. NOT 5. I keep reading excessive fluid, I hope not!!! Seems like I would feel him floating and moving all over if that was the case but who knows. Last pregnancy I started to get a little pre-e at the end but even if that were starting now, that would cause a growth restriction, not excessive growth. Due to the fact that i know exactly when I conceived there will be no early induction or anything- no lung issues for us here, I will be refusing it! Anyone have this happen and find another baby up in their ribs or something? Or maybe a tumor or cyst or something?

AlwaysExpecting
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Maybe gestational diabetes?  I dunno....thats really weird!!

StarMommy06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Maybe you have too much fluid? They will be able to tell on an ultrasound. Or maybe just a big baby?

Im measuring big also, 5 cm. And they say a cm. per week, so I guess thats also 5 weeks. I just had an ultrasound though, fluid is normal. Baby is 1lb 11oz, so thats normal not very big. They just said they would keep an eye on me.

JsunkissedB
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

thats what i was thinking

Quoting AlwaysExpecting:

Maybe gestational diabetes?  I dunno....thats really weird!!

p8ns_mama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I always measured dead on and then at 30 weeks I was measuring 34 weeks so they did an ultrasound and he was a little on the big side but they said maybe he had his butt poking out or something because like you I didn't gain that much weight either it was all baby!!  And I had my baby boy 10 very long days LATE!!!  anyways let us know what they say :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
pregnancy
p8ns_mama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Maybe you've got a twin floating in there!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)