Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor not progressing!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had my appointment with my midwife yesterday. And I am dialated to 5cm and very thin she said. I am anxious to have him before thanksgiving so she scraped my membranes. Well since then I have had contractions about 10 minutes apart regularly lasting about 45 seconds. Now here is the kicker..they have not progressed since 3pm yesterday they have not changed..they have not gotten longer, stronger, or closer together! Is this normal? I am scheduled to be induced at 6am monday..which hopefully I won't need! So should I be concerned? Is it normal to be stuck like this? I am still walking, squatting, nipple stimulating, and all that! What else can I do? I think its a good thing I am doing something on my own and I feel like it won't take much to get me to progress maybe just getting my water broken or even dare I say it some S-E-X..but my man is working in KY so none for me :(

pregnant

baby

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SweetMynx19
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

sorry to hear your hubby cant be there for hte birth :/

uhh... i was 4 cm forever... so i tried a lot but none of it worked.

I dont like red sauce... so i didnt try this

http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Desiree and Mischa
Parents to
Ava Chiara Lee
and
Ryan Alexander!
Squirt254
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Yikes, I wouldn't be worried, but it sounds  very frustrating. I hope your little one comes out soon! Good luck!!

stacyemmy
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

he can be here for the birth if he makes it in time..and he will def. be here if i make it to monday..

Quoting SweetMynx19:

sorry to hear your hubby cant be there for hte birth :/

uhh... i was 4 cm forever... so i tried a lot but none of it worked.

I dont like red sauce... so i didnt try this

http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

pregnant

baby

DoulaAngie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

It sounds like what you are experiencing is called prodrominal labor. It is a very early stage of labor that can take up to 4 days before things kick into gear. The best thing to do right now is to rest your body until it is for sure ready to go. That can change at any minute. If you keep trying to put yourself in labor. You will be too tired to be a active part for the real labor when it happens. Another thing to try and to have the big "O". Being that your husband is gone for now. It would be up to you.  I would suggest resting and eating well. I don't think you will make it through to Monday. 3 days of has been the most I have seen Moms in that kind of early stage of labor. Good Luck!

angel0185
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM

what to expect when ur expecting says that

walking, sex, evening primrose oil, castor oil, spicy food, acupuncture, acupressure, and nipple stimulation

are all natural ways to induce labor hope this helps

ERice09
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I feel your pain.My due date is monday and I have tryed everything the scalini meal does not work just to let you know!!! and all the other stuff doesnt do much either other than make you more miserable.but good luck!!!

stacyemmy
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I think my labor is progressing now..lol..or else I have serious intestinal issues! lol..but forunately for me I know that no matter what Monday I will have a new baby!

Seriously I feel like I am going to throw up and shit myself all at once and all of a sudden! Sorry for TMI

Quoting ERice09:

I feel your pain.My due date is monday and I have tryed everything the scalini meal does not work just to let you know!!! and all the other stuff doesnt do much either other than make you more miserable.but good luck!!!

pregnant

baby

Fostersforbeer
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

try walking or nipple stimuation..

after stimulating my nips for about 30 mintus my water broke : )

i was in early labor contracting every 10 mintues or so,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)