Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your mom or MIL annoying you??!*Vent*

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

I don't know why but lately my mom(we all live together..me, DF, mom, brother) is just annoying the CRAP out of me! I know she means well with constantly asking me quesitons about my pregnancy and telling me about how she works at the hospital and knows everyone in L&D and that its the BEST hospital,(shes not a nurse tho..she is in administration), and analzying how I'm feeling but she just comes on sooo strong sometimes and it just gets annoying. I feel terrible saying that because I'm glad she cares but..she like analyzes ALL my prego moods and sometimes around me right now you just gotta take it easy because I am SUPER emotional and get irritated easily. I HATE the fact that I even get an attitude or short w/ her but..she's gotta understand. I think I am getting to that point in my pregnancy that I've read about where you are big, uncomfortable, and moody...

I hate being Bee about this but does anyone else get annoyed easily by their moms or anyone?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
racang
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Im not annoyed, I am really po'd right now at my bil and mil, my bil lives with us and yesterday he told me I am lazy for making mac-n-cheese for dinner, I spent a good part of the afternoon yesterdaypicking us my house and doing laundry and getting my house ready so I could vacuum and sweep and mop the kitchen floor, so I wanted to take a little break and make something fast and easy, my neighbor and sil and my girls were all ok with me making mac-n-cheese for dinner but heaven forbid my bil wasn't going to eat that "shit because its lazy food" so we got into a little fight and now he has mother convinced that he can't cook and that I make for dinner is Mac-n-Cheese, I guess I don't get to make what I want to make even though with being pregnant I don't feel like standing in front of a freaking stove cooking dinner for a freaking hour....sorry I had to vent too, I am sure with you though that once the baby comes you will forget everything that happened and all the reasons why your mother annoyes you.

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

lelandsmommy06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM

YES omg my mom is living with me right now and omfg i am getting so irritated with her everything she does irritates me and frustrates me i think its totally my hormones and i feel so bad cuz she helps out soo much around her while shes living with me and i snap at her alot!!!! i feel bad lol but she is drivin me crazy lol

First_One_8_18
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Mine pissed me off today because I had mentioned in passing that we have a doula. SO is laid off from work and money is tight, but I explained to her that she dropped her prices for us because of our situation to $100 AND let us pay it off in increments, so it didn't even hurt us financially. I started to explain to her what a doula does and it came up that she is going to make sure that they delay the Hep vaccine at birth and she got really short with me and hung up. THEN, a couple hours later, she called SO and started bitching at him about how I spend all our money and she just can't believe I don't want to vaccinate our daughter and pretty much freaking out and putting her nose all in our business. THEN, SO tells her the same thing I just did and she believed him and not me? WTF? She yelled at us for not vaccinating, but we are. We're just delaying it until we have a chance to BF so she's in a good mood and it doesn't hurt our BFing first off.  What's it to her if we WEREN'T going to vax? Why is it her business anyways? And why did she call my SO and complain to him about the parenting choices I'M making about OUR kids? Ugh...

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

klg25
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Quoting racang:

Im not annoyed, I am really po'd right now at my bil and mil, my bil lives with us and yesterday he told me I am lazy for making mac-n-cheese for dinner, I spent a good part of the afternoon yesterdaypicking us my house and doing laundry and getting my house ready so I could vacuum and sweep and mop the kitchen floor, so I wanted to take a little break and make something fast and easy, my neighbor and sil and my girls were all ok with me making mac-n-cheese for dinner but heaven forbid my bil wasn't going to eat that "shit because its lazy food" so we got into a little fight and now he has mother convinced that he can't cook and that I make for dinner is Mac-n-Cheese, I guess I don't get to make what I want to make even though with being pregnant I don't feel like standing in front of a freaking stove cooking dinner for a freaking hour....sorry I had to vent too, I am sure with you though that once the baby comes you will forget everything that happened and all the reasons why your mother annoyes you.

Yep I totally understand how that crap goes too. I do A LOT of the cleaning around here and my lazy a-- brother messes up everything and won't clean up and when I tell him to help me my mom looks at my like I'm psycho. I'm so frustrated. My DF feels terrible too..he's at work most of the time and hates the fact that I get no help around the house unless he's home. I told DF that my brother and mom are going to have to clean up around THEMSELVES here pretty soon b/c I'm about to be 8 months preg(32 weeks) and I am not going to run myself wragged cleaning behind everyone! ha. Thats part of the frustration w/ mom too! I feel ya!

CafeMom Tickers
callie06
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

yes but my mom lives in a different state.  She wants to come a take care of my son when I have this baby.  She stayed with us for a month after he was born and I was ready for her to go home after a week.  She wasn't supportive of the breastfeeding.  Every time I would pump she would go "Didn't you just do that?"  She expected us to go out and shop and do stuff.  I had just had a baby apparently she forgot what it was like even though she had 4.  So I really don't want her here this time I am breastfeeding dang it.  I told my dh I don't want any visitors for the first 2 weeks.  My MIL is also driving me nuts about thanksgiving.  I didn't want to do it I just wanted to stay home and have something small with dh and ds.  Well she failed to explain it to my dh's grandma who thought they were coming here.  I love dh's grandma so I said fine we'll do it for grandma.  I can't stand my MIL that much I only have so much patience for her and I used it up earlier this summer.  I was hoping to not have to see her until Christmas oh well at least grandma will be here I can ignore MIL.

klg25
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Mine pissed me off today because I had mentioned in passing that we have a doula. SO is laid off from work and money is tight, but I explained to her that she dropped her prices for us because of our situation to $100 AND let us pay it off in increments, so it didn't even hurt us financially. I started to explain to her what a doula does and it came up that she is going to make sure that they delay the Hep vaccine at birth and she got really short with me and hung up. THEN, a couple hours later, she called SO and started bitching at him about how I spend all our money and she just can't believe I don't want to vaccinate our daughter and pretty much freaking out and putting her nose all in our business. THEN, SO tells her the same thing I just did and she believed him and not me? WTF? She yelled at us for not vaccinating, but we are. We're just delaying it until we have a chance to BF so she's in a good mood and it doesn't hurt our BFing first off.  What's it to her if we WEREN'T going to vax? Why is it her business anyways? And why did she call my SO and complain to him about the parenting choices I'M making about OUR kids? Ugh...

Yep..I know what you mean.

CafeMom Tickers
EheartsZ07
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:15 AM

yes!! my mil gets on my nerves soo bad! she does everything she can to help us out, but she is constantly in our business and i can't stand it! i love her to death but every lil thing she does gets on my nerves. i feel so bad bc i can be the biggest bitch to her and she does soo much for us, but oh well i can't control my hormones lol. maybe when the baby gets here we will get along alot better. but then again im scared it may be worse bc she will be tryin to tell me what to do and all that. but oh well we're pregnant and they've been through the same thing so hopefully they can understand and forgive us :)!

CafeMom Tickers
stacyemmy
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I am annoyed by my adopted sister. She asled if she could be there when I deliver my baby. I said yes. But now she has called me every day for the past 2 weeks asking me if I'm in labor! WTF? NO I WILL CALL EVERYONE WHEN I AM IN LABOR LEAVE ME ALONE! Seriously! I called and told her about my doctor appointment yesterday and told her I was being induced monday if he didn't come before then..she called every hour to see if I was having any contractions cuz they had scraped my membranes! So finally I told her to stop calling or she was uninvited to the delivery..so now she texts me every hour! WTH! UGH! OK sorry for stealing ur post!

pregnant

baby

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM

i find it annoying when i get asked 20 times in a row when im due/what are you having?/ you sure its not twins?/shouldnt you eat something....ugh!! i swear, its not the horomones, it's the ignorance i have to deal with!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)