Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unsure about a at home pregnancy test I took...UGH

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi my name is Belinda.I suspected I was pregnant before I was due to miss my period and so I was taking test at a local pregnancy center and also buying test to use at home.All the test said negative.But today I took a test and the positive section had a fant blue line that stayed for a short time and than faded.Whats that mean?I am going to take another test in the morning and see what it says than.Morning pee has better levels.I am freaked out.I have third already and just nervous not knowing.

Belinda :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KokoJones
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

i don't trust blue dye tests... i always use the pink/purple dye tests... like the hcg test from the dollar store... those worked awesome for me

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

truelyblessed09
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:01 AM

It was equaline brand.

Belinda :)

truelyblessed09
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM

And I am 6 days late.

Belinda

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Well normally they say not to look at a test after about 10 min so if the line was there before the 10 min was up then that would mean a positive.

That being said generally in my experiences of testing if I got a very very faint line after the 10min mark it would get slightly darker.

Well good luck and Congrats!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Sorry- no help but good luck!!!

Join us! A place for Mom's with loved ones on deployment to support one another through a pregnancy. If you are or ever have been pg while your loved one was away join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnanthroughdeployment

army              stork

wendy_pooh12
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM

That is hard to say because even a faint line means you are, but then again, I have never taken a blue one before.  I am like the last person with the dollar store tests!  They still have to be the same accuracy as any other test!  :)  The morning is always the best ones because it is the most accurate.  When you did the test at the doctors, how long ago was that?  Was it maybe too early, or was it recent?  Especially if they did a blood test, theirs is pretty accurate.  Good luck!  :)  Sorry if I wasn't much help!

crystalchu
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Did it fade away till there was a negative in the test window? If so it sounds like a evap line. But you should test again in the morning or in a couple days just to be sure. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

cryssychu. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Erika2408
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Hi I would get a first response I also don't like blue dye test I took one the month before I got pregnant and had a faint blue positive line but didn't with the pink dye. So I would test again good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
mamacifuni
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I took two home pregnancy tests that came out negative (one a day before my missed period and one the day after the missed period).  Two days later, my boobs started to get really sore so I went to the clinic in the drugstore and they did a test there and a really faint line appeared.  The nurse told me that I was pregnant and just to make sure I went to the OB the following week and they confirmed it with an internal exam.  Even my husband said that he wasn't gonna get excited until the doctor confirmed it.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
trewlove
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Sounds like an evap. line but everyone else said, the blue dye tests can be really inaccurate. Get a First Response test, late AF is late AF so you very well could be preggo!!! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)