Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giant square belly.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

21 weeks  now.....Ugh.  I just feel gross and enormous.  My belly is like, square or something - not all cute and round.  My butt is getting gi-normous and my thighs are growing.  My size small maternity clothes are feeling uncomfortable and I swear, nothing is flattering lately.  it takes me forever to get dressed.....To make matters worse, I am only 5'1 so I just look like a friggin big box.  A smooshy box.  I feel totally unattractive and sensitive about it, which stinks b/c it has made my sex drive completely non-existent.  My poor husband tries so hard to make me feel better but I just feel like a chub star.  Admittedly, I have had a hearty appetite this whole pregnancy and have given in to a lot of cravings, etc., so it's basically my own fault but I can't seem to STOP wanting to eat all the time.  It's making me feel pretty blue.  Anyone else feel like I do?  How did you manage?  I *think* I have gained 18 lbs prob but refuse to get on the scale unless I'm at the docs office :-( 

Sorry for my long whining session/rant....I just needed to vent somewhere I thought I might not be alone.  Thanks for listening guys....

Lilypie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeybee0927
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM

No love!?

Tabitha21
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I think you should wear your pregnancy like a trophi! Try to feel good about what your body is doing instead of all the negatives. Your body is going to change so much and theres nothing you can do but accept it and love it for what it is. If you feel like your abonormally obest then start exercising! Excercising will also help laboring in the long run! Its hard for me to see people talk about how they don't like being pregnant when I want to be so bad. I almost didn't respond because of that and maybe thats why no one else has? Just be happy! It will be over before you know it

honeybee0927
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I do like being pregnant....I'm sorry it came out that way.  I only meant b/c of my height the weight is not sitting all that great on me but I wouldn't take it away for the world!  This was the one place I thought feeling insecure would be ok since we are all in the same boat.....

Tabitha21
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM

hugsIt is ok to feel like you do but when you catch yourself feeling like that think about all the positive things you are gaining besides the extra weight! Pregnancy is beautiful!

StarMommy06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Awww, dont hate your body! Before you know it your bump will be nice and round, than after that your going to have a little baby! :) yay. Feel better girl.

honeybee0927
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Thanks guys....I feel better.  I appreciate the hugs and kind words. 

Lilypie
flyfree55
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM

us short ppl just look that way pregnant im 5 foot and my friends 2in shorter then me. every lb we gain looks like 2 on someone else so frustrating. but be proud of your belly so what if its big or small its your belly and your baby just try to remember that. dont worry bout eating unless your doc says its too much

How`s my pregnancy doing?
Wshngstr1976
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I'm 5 ft. LOL I Know what you're talking about. I look huge!!!! And my belly is all weird shaped now.  It bothers me some...because I had finally gotten to where I was comphy in my own skin even though I was over weight before baby...I could wear the right clothes and "HIDE" it. Now there is no hiding it...LOL It helps now that I'm 16 weeks and people can look at me and say she is pregnant. Also having a great friend who when I say I'm getting fat...they say No, your pregnant...Your beautiful and soon you will have a baby to hold because of it. now I just consider the belly a nest that I'm creating, or I try to. LOL...and though I show in other places too, the only one that I look at is the belly.

CafeMom Tickers
LJM21
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I am 26 weeks and I feel the same way most of the time. I'm in medium maternity clothes and they are so uncomfortable some days. I myself want to eat everything that I can possible find. I have found that a nice relaxing day is the best treatment for me.  Eating is not a bad thing, you need to eat and sounds like you're right there with the weight gain. I lost 15 lbs the first trimester and have only gain 10 of those lbs back. I hope it gets better for you! Pregnancy is suppose to be a beautiful thing from what everybody told me, but there's days it sure doesn't feel that beautiful.

AllNaturalMum
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I am shorter than you, I wear a bigger size than you and I've gained much more weight.

You're fine. Trust me. Love your pregnancy! It's completely acceptable to gain weight and love the way you look!

Quoting honeybee0927:

I do like being pregnant....I'm sorry it came out that way.  I only meant b/c of my height the weight is not sitting all that great on me but I wouldn't take it away for the world!  This was the one place I thought feeling insecure would be ok since we are all in the same boat.....

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)