Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant, Happy, and Nervous

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ok so I am the most nervous person right now.  I had a miscarriage in March of 2005.  My first pregnancy ever.  then we had a beautiful daughter on Aug 1st 2006.  I am now pregnant for the 3rd time.  I am so excited, but extremely nervous.  Afraid of another miscarriage.  I got the HCG blood work done yesterday and the results 2 -3 weeks pregnant.  The level was on the low normal side.  So great, that makes me even more nervous.  I go back tomarrow and pray that the numbers have jumped ALOT.  I had to be on progesterone when I got pregnant with my daughter.  Anyways, my breasts were swollen and sore.  And now that has subsided.  Makes me even more nervous.  Is this normal?  They still hurt once in a while, but not as much as it did a few days ago.  I'm asking because I forgot what it was like to be pregnant in the first trimester.  The nurse told me yesterday that everyones body is so different and every pregnancy is different.  Thanks for taking the time to answer me.  Hopefully someone can make me feel a little better and not so pessimistic. 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM

At this point it's hard to tell how everything is going until you get that second set of hcg numbers. I had a baby girl in 6/06 and everything went perfectly. Then in 2/09 I had a miscarriage and we were devestated. We fouind out we were pregnant in Aug and I was so scared about the whole thing. When my second set of numbers came back in and they were good, I started crying on the with the nurse. I'm still 10 times more scared now than I was with my daughter. Maybe it was not knowing then what a loss feels like made it easier to be more excited or maybe because it started off great so I felt like everything would be fine the whole time. Now after experincing a loss and the ultimate joy of having a child I'm scared everyday. I can say now that I feel the baby moving my worries have been eased much more. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I know how you feel i had 3 kids just fine 4th pregnancy it ended in a miscarriage i apparently produced everything but the baby they said the egg with out the yolk it hurt bad. then months later we got pregnant with our 4th child 5th pregnancy i was scared the whole time until i heard his heart beat and saw him on the screen with my own two eyes . Then i thought i was pregnant again sept of this year missed period in aug test were coming up neg then middle of sept i started my period. myperiod was suddenly off, scared me i am worried that it was my thyriod. Now last week i got a positive I have been walking on egg shells i will feel so much better once i hear the babys heart beat and know that he is deffinitly in there  and is healthy. This also will be my 5th c section so i am very nrevous about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)