Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your DH like this?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

Good Morning!

My Hubby seems to be mildly interested in my pregnancy, which is an improvement from my first pregnancy. But it just seems like he would be a little more into things. He doesnt care about the nursery furniture, bedding, carseats, ANYTHING...BUT the name. We cant seem to agree on a name and he wont budge.

I get kind of depressesd thinking about it. I know there isnt much a man can do to "be into it" during pregnancy. Last night was the first night he even attempted to put his hand on my belly to feel the baby move, even though I told him like 2-3 weeks ago that he could probaby feel him moving (I am 23 wks).

Any ideas or is this kind of a normal thing? We were trying for a baby and he wanted this just has much as I do. We have had 2 miscarriages this year and were extremely excited to find out we are going to be having a boy this time. So why doesnt he seem excited now? Or even interested?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Hugs Mommie!!!! I believe he is interested. Some men just have problems with showing compassion when we so desperately need it. Have you told him how you are feeling? My hubby is lacking in that area also but I know does care. He has gotten alot better. Stay strong...

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

ok so im new and what is a DH? i mean i figure its your guy but what does DH stand for?? sorry for being a little slow

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Sorry about your you think that it could be cause he doesnt wanna get attached, like maye he is keeping distant cause youve already had two miscarraiges?

It was my first thought after reading your post, and you mentioned the miscarrieages, and if thats it, then maybe ou should talk to him about it, actually have you tried talking to him about it anyways, just to try to find out whats going on in there, i mean guys can be hard to read eps. when it comes to their emotions...

good luck

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM

wow really? its not normal with my hubby. he is always touching my belly, kissing my belly, talking to my belly he has always been this way. he wants to help pick out everything I also show him things before I buy them. as far as names went for us it was easy we always do it the same if its his turn to pick first name he does or if its his turn to pick middle he does... makes it so much easier..

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM

My SO is exactly like this. It isn't anything personal. He just isn't open emotionlly and very seldom seems excited about things.

He also doesn't give a hoot about the baby stuff. That's all my department. I used to think he wasn't even listening to a thing I've said about the pregnancy but occasionally he will surprise me and say something so I know he is listening and paying attention. He just doesn't let me know he pays attention.

Hang in there. He is probably excited but he knows there isn't a whole lot he can "do" until the baby comes.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

yea sounds like my hubby..i show him things & he says "its alright" i tell him a name & he says "its cute" sometimes i jus wanna grab his head shake him while sayin 'HELLO...IS ANYONE HOME...U HELPED MAKE THIS BABY NOW HELP ME DECIDE ON SOME STUFF FOR IT" lol..

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

my DH is more excited about the baby coming than i am. he rubs my belly all the time and i can't even feel the baby move yet. but he isn't interested in anything but the baby getting here. lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Thanks ladies! I know he is mildly interested because I get weekly updates from BabyCenter about the growth of the baby and he asked me to forward them to him so he can read them. I have tried talking to him about it. He just said that because we had to get all secondhand stuff for our DD that he wants me to buy whatever I want. Sounds like every man is different!

oh and DH means Dear Husband, DD Dear Daughter, and so on and so forth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)