Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should I wash her clothes?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm due in 7 weeks and I am getting so anxious to wash all of her cute little clothes.  Is it too soon?  I figure if everything is put away in drawyers in won't get dusty but I want to make sure everything is super clean and fresh for my brand new baby. 

I also still have all the tags on the newborn clothes from shower.  Has anybody had a baby that never fit into newborn clothes?  I'm not expecting a HUGE baby but my DH was pretty big and I just want to make sure she gets to wear all her clothes for at least a little bit.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
worwalkerlds
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM
I would wait... There were so many things that my LO never wore, so I ended up taking back a few hundred dollars worth of clothes... Im so glad I never took the tags off, and I save all receipts from everything. In the first few months your baby will be spitting up, etc. and there is just no point to put her in all of those expensive little outfits just to sit around the house. Well, if you plan on going out everyday that is a different story but I would wait and see first.
StephanieCD
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Noboby at my shower really gave me gift receipts but they all kept the tags on.  I'm assuming I can't return or exchange anything without a receipt...correct?  I have A LOT of newborn clothes and I'm worried she won't be able to wear them much.  Yet I want to have everything ready when I bring her home from the hospital.  I don't want to worry about laundry that first week.

Mamaz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM

my 2nd baby never fit into newborn clothes. she was 8 pounds 10 ounces and went straight into 0-3 and was in those for maybe a week and then was in 3-6 month clothes. BUT my first was 8 pounds 8 ounces and was in newborn for 3 months!! so who knows. i would wash the clothes except the newborn ones when you have may 3-2 weeks left

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

SweetPea020403
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM

my first baby girl was born one day before her due date and we actually had to go out and but her preemie clothes. my second was born a month early and wore the same size. we washed about a weeks worth of newborn clothes and kept the tags on the rest. so that i didn't have to worry about laundry the first week. you can usually get a store credit or be able to exchange your clothes without a receipt for a larger/smaller size no problem. =)

*~*Mommy of 3 beautiful girls and loving wife to a wonderful 1st Lt. in the USAF ANG*~*

seddon151
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Mine are all washed and put away. I don't want to have to do it all after he is here. Everything is ready for when he comes home. I didn't get a lot of newborn sizes so I'm taking those to the hospital with me. Maybe you just want to wash the bigger sizes and a few newborns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)