Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Movement (Anyone Else??)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok.  My little man likes to kick the crap out of me when I am sitting.  If I sit to watch T.V, sitting at my work desk, diner table even when im driving....

As soon as I touch my belly or like if my Hubbie or Daughter touches it he stops, Or if I stand up, or when I lay down to go to bed he stops kicking?!?!?!?  He is making his Mommy look like a liar to the rest of the family when I say he is an active little guy!!!  I guess my question is can he feel when I touch my belly or like if my daughter or Hubbie touches my belly?  I know he can hear them talk cause when Tasha(my daughter) reads to him he moves around allot too or if he hears his daddy's voice he will move too.  But I don't know if they can feel you can they?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mena929
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I would think they can, I'm not sure though, so bump

madelyns_momma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I have heard that they def. can once they are big enough to feel moving on the outside. When I was 25 weeks my mom kept putting a little pressure on my belly to "poke" him, and he would kick around a second later, she'd poke, he'd kick.

I KNOW my daughter could feel me touch her because she would push back against my hand at the end, and I used to pat my belly where her butt was instinctively when she seemed unusually active when she'd typically be sleeping or agitated. It would calm her down.

flyfree55
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:44 PM

i say they can tell. my daughter goes nuts when daddy touches her but anyone else she stops. and she kicks like nuts when i sit but stops when i lay down

jamlunar
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM

When I lay on my side with a body pillow slightly under my belly my baby moves around alot, thats how my husband first felt the baby move. This being pregnant is amazing to say the very least. We tried for 11 years and with no idea why it wasn't happening but just when i had given up, here we are and i thank god.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)