Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kind of scared!***update!***

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

i woke up this morning and took a shower and now my visions blurry and seeing spots cant see out side of my eyes my heads hurting and then my hand went numb and then my tongue went numbe i am going to the doctor today but i am scared something bad is wrong like preeclampsia or something or gunna have a bad migrain  has this happened to any fo you ?

i just got back from the doctors and it wasnt anything wrong with my urine or blood pressure so they said its just a bad migriane and to take tylenol and rest so i feel alot better that its not something worse i am glad i had to go to the doctors today anyways lol so i didnt have to call in but everythings good ! thank you ladies for posting!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
stellarluna
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I'm glad you're getting seen because it does sound like a blood pressure issue.  You can do some research on controlling that with diet because it is possible, all the best to you!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ashleykilleen
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

are the spots shinny?? i know that sounds weird but when my bp goes up i see these shinny spot like things. Getting a shower may have triggered it if it was a hot one.

You should call your doc now and tell them what going on. I had chronic pre-e with my first baby its not something you want to put off. 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

doulala
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

My first thought was dehydration, the hot shower could make that worse.   Sometimes high blood pressure can cause blurry vision/spots, too.

But you should always let your doctor/midwife know if you're feeling off or worrying.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)