Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do most pregnant women get crazy cravings?q

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

its like a serteotype to eat pickles and ice cream while pregnant lol that still sounds gross to me. if anything, i am just much more open to try new things that i wouldnt have tried before..

the only cravings that i have had constantly is grapefruit.. how about you guys? whats are you craving? and if you have had a really weird craving? what was it??

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy week by week

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geminishadow79
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I never had any cravings with my first, and this time the only thing I really crave now is cereal. 

popsiclized
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Interestingly enough... the only thing that I have craved so far is Taco Bell and pretty much anything with hot sauce. And really no heartburn to go with it. :D

ashleyandjames
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I have always loved pickles so during this pregnancy I have continued to eat them, I can't say that I have really had many cravings...I have gestational diabetes so I can't eat sweets...I crave chocolate but thats probably because I can't eat it!

MommyG203
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:50 PM

My craving was always icecream with crushed chips inside of it

swesolek6
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM

wow thats one i never heard of before, did the chips get soggy in your ice cream?

Quoting MommyG203:

My craving was always icecream with crushed chips inside of it

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy week by week

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

i love cravings posts because this pregnancy ive had sooooooo many and im just short of 12 weeks.  today it is a donut from the grocery store.  like a nice puffy glazed donut sounds sooooo tasty

stellarluna
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM

yeah, I don't get that stereotype!  I've never craved anything I didn't already like or eat... I will just get fixated on one thing sometimes and want it all week, then be over it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mamaz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM

the only craving i ever had with either pregnancy was taco bell with my 2nd. and not anything weird. just taco bell

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

jean_marie1987
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Sadly, I haven't craved anything, and I am 3 days till due...  I have liked eating mac-n-cheese more, but other than that, nothing.... I actually have less of an appetite... (My poor DH thinks there is something greatly wrong with me... LOL)

MamaCass05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I usually crave certain things my body needs. Like lately I have been slightly anemic and have been craving Braunsweiger(liver sausage) and I don't even like it, but I have had it before and my body knows that it needs iron. I usually crave  something until I get it or substitute it with another food that has the same thing my body needs.  My mom though craved Pineapple and sourcream her entire pregnancy with me! I think that is weird and nasty. She never got it though cause my father wouldnt get it for her.

So far I have been craving meat, rregular milk instead of soy. not to big into the fruits and veggies this time around. I was at the beginning but not anymore.

Has anyone ever noticed gender specific cravings? If you had a boy did you crave the same foods with another boy or the same foods for two different pregnancies resulting in a girl baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)