Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From a pregnant mom...to another...HELP!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

First pregnancy...lots of questions!  :o) 

First appointment isn't for another week and I have yet to see this doctor...don't feel comfortable calling the clinic out of the blue to ask them.  Wondering if there is any advice from pregnant or recently or anyone...on constipation.  Can we take any forms of stool softners?  If so, what?  Any advice is helpful!!!  Everyone tells me to drink more water...if I drink any more I'm gonna float away!  Help!!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
callie06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I had this problem with this baby too.  I took metamucil the clear non gritty kind.  You can mix it in your water or have it in yogurt or other foods too.

tristangirl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM

My doctor told me I could take colace but he wanted me to wait as close to 2nd trimester as possible.....  He didnt want me to take anything first trimester if possible (miscarriages run in my family). Also try eating leafy greens they really do help broccoli cabbage spinach greens any of those help.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM

i also increased my fiber whil edrinking water.  congrats on your pregnancy!!

steph2884
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Fiber!! Lots of veggies. The water will help, but won't cure it. Fiber in food is the best way to go at first. If you start eating lots of veggies and whole wheat (not whole grain) breads and you are still constipated, you can take fiber supplements. Start with the diet changes first. One thing I liked while pregnant was Fiber One Fiber bars. They actually taste very good, and now that I'm 2 months post partum I still eat them!

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM

i never did...i wouldnt want to take too much and be gross! lol

i always took papaya enzymes. its all natural..kinda like eating some fruit instead of medicines to help. i get it from GNC. if i have stomach 'problems' i take 3-6 a day for the next few days and things soften up...without getting gross.

they are pretty cheap too from GNC, the biggest bottle is under $20 and will last u FOREVER! the smallest bottle is a few $.

here is a picture of the bottle

GNC Natural Brand Papaya Enzyme, Chewable Tablets

check out this website, the price, reviews, etc are on it.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=95430&catid=137633&aid=337953&aparam=gnc_natural_brand_papaya&CAWELAID=61290987

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

KokoJones
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM

i've never taken them, i just up the fiber intake and water.... my midwife offered to prescribe me some stool softeners in the beginning but i declined... i hope you can find out what brand so you can get some relief!

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

rileysmomma17
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Fiber and drink LOTS of water to drown it out! Congrats!

Megara
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Up your fiber--fiber cereal, bran muffins, apples, and applesauce are especially good.  Drink more water, avoid "binding" foods like bananas.  Try yogurt with live cultures, or a probiotic supplement.  I'm going through the same thing right now and it's getting better with the help of probiotics.

jessnjosh87
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I try to eat high fiber cereal every morning, and I usually get results the same day or the day after...

CafeMom Tickers
zoenlandonsmom
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Try drinking some juicy juice works for my kiddos :)

Amanda: Proud mommy to Zoe 10/22/04, Landon 8/3/06, Taylor 9/16/08 and Baby #4 due 1/19/10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)