Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you.. ?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

For those working mommas, When did you or do you plan to take maternity leave? 

With my first baby I didn't really "take" maternity leave because I was a little on the young side and living with my parents so I worked as long as I could only  then to  develop pre eclampsia (sp?) and had to be put on bed rest a few weeks before delivery!!!  ANYWAY well with this baby all is different - I'm married, have my own home and would like a  BREAK to better prepare for baby to get here!  I don't want to waste away all my evenings on preparation when I could be spending those precious moments with my little girl and husband before baby arrives!!!    ...I just want to know what the typical "time" is when you would take maternity leave!   Where I work there has NEVER been a pregnant woman and so they have NO IDEA when to let me go!  I really know NOTHING about their "program" because they're ignorant!... newho - that's a whole other subject lol!

Just some tips, suggestions, whatever - would be great!!!

-Kourtney B.

Big Sister Khaymin Sure Can't Wait To Meet Her Baby Brother!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
racang
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM

with both my girls I worked until the day I gave birth, my water broke while I was work with my second dd though, for me I didn't have any problems during either of my pregnancies so I wanted to work as much as possible so I could take more time off, I took 8 weeks off with my oldest dd and I quite work the day my youngest dd was born.

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

rileysmomma17
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:44 PM

This baby I worked until i was 33 weeks and then stopped. I was a waitress so i was always on my feet and i was getting wayy too tired! If i had a desk job i would have probably worked my whole pregnancy. Everyone is different though! Its up to you! Ive been off for a week and a half and I already have everything done for the new baby! Im so glad because now i can just relax the rest of the time :]

2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Im not so much worried about getting everything ready for baby - its the whole "craving" to clean my entire house and everything else that I'm worried about! lol..  by the time I get home and do dinner Im just DONE living lol...  Maybe at christmas I'll call it quits~ that puts me at 36 weeks..  gives me a little break to "take my time" and get everything done without feeling too guilty :)  I work for my inlaws so I have un limited time off, but I Just wanted an idea of what is really acceptable!  I dont want to take advantage of their "good nature" towards my time off...  I just wish they'd decide if I would be getting paid or not! ergh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)