Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Ultrasound *pics of u/s*

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

I had my first u/s today to determine how far along I am. They wouldnt tell me said i had to wait for the doctor to review the u/s and I would knw on my next doc appt. which isnt until the 21st. So I am going to try to call at the end of the week and see if my results came in. I would say I am at least 8 weeks bc you could notice the arms and the legs and you can tell its a baby..lol. I also heard the heartbeat...180 bpm so now im wondering if thats fast or slow bc i want to try to figure out what the baby sex is..lol. I am very impatient. I knw you cant base it totally off that but to have a maybe would be great.lol.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_2b_2010
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM

that sucks that they wouldnt tell u how far along u are! 180 is fast! lol and i think that means girl?

Erika2408
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM

really, i can't believe they wouldn't tell you. All the ones i had with my son she would tell me if the due date moved up or not.  well hope you can find out soon.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
ArmyWifey4907
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM

So cute!!!!  I would say you might be closer to 10 weeks, just because of how clearly defined the arm/leg buds are. 

I just can't believe they wouldn't tell you how far along you are.  Do you know when your last period was? 

pregnancy calendar

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Looks a lot like an ultrasound I had at 9 weeks with my son....

180 is fast. They say faster means girl. But, in reality, most babies (boy or girl) heartbeats are faster early in the pregnancy and slow down later because they have less room to move the farther along you are.

annaviaclovsky
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM

My first ultrasound was at 12 weeks, and the heartbeat was at above 160, so based on tha tit is supposed to be a girl... but we had a gender check last wed and he is def. not a girl! good luck!!!! ;)

CafeMom Tickers

newbiestepmama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I would say you are farther than 8 weeks. Mine was done at 7 weeks and my baby was shaped like a peanut. You couldn't see any arm or leg buds. You could baely tell the head from the body.  

pregnancy
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM

You can't base gender off of heart rates. At one of my appointments my doc checked my son's heart rate and said "Well if you believe all that mumbo jumbo about heart rates affecting the sex of the baby then you're having a girl..... However if you're smart and believe your eyes, you can clearly see your GIRLS penis on the screen right here."

lol.

And your ultrasound pic looks like the one I had around 9 weeks.

So I'd say it's safe to bet you're around 8-11 weeks pregnant :)

fallenangel8508
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I'd guess closer to 10 weeks. Everything is so defined. I cant believe they wouldnt tell you!

Trish1984
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM

yeah i know im kinda p/o about it but what can i do. I just hate not knowing and when ppl ask me having to explain to them and all that. Just gets frustrating..lol

callalily417
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM

That looks like my U/S at 9 weeks. They told me the baby measured a day ahead. hehehe I'm getting my second one tomorrow to find out if baby is girl or boy. I'm so excited! I have been sooo impatient. 

I have a heart doppler at home and I listen every couple of days to the baby's heartbeat. It varies from day to day from the 120s to the 160s.

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)