Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you switch docs?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

this is my 2nd pregnancy with my doctors office and i just found out at my intake that none of the doc are actually obs they are all family doctors! i have had high risk pregnancys and im guessing this will be as well. would you switch doctors? i really dont want to go through all the paper work, first apts and hoopla but this worries me i have been having problems and having intence ultrasounds on my right ovarie and am worried tese docs just wont cut it...

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
paulsgirl1297
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I have always been told to follow my gut instinct --so fi you don't feel comfortable then a diffferent doc might not be a bad idea especially if it gives you piece of mind.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I would definitely switch to an OB. I'd rather do it in the beginning than later on if I thought it would be needed. Just have your current office fax over your record to your new OB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
capemomofalyssa
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM

So are you saying that they were your doctors for the first pregnancy? If so then you would need to decide how they did on your first pregnancy and if they did good then I would not switch. If this is your first time with them then you have to go with you gut on this. 

JsunkissedB
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM

my first pregnancy was with someone else and my last pregnancy was with them but i hated my doc ! this time I have a diff doc though. it just bugs me cause i go into pre term labor and cant go into labor since my c section cut is in an Upside down T cut so i can rupture if i do! at 36 weeks i told my doc i could feal and tell that i was going into labor she told me it was all in my head and i was fine... well needless to say i had my daughter the next day!! i just dont know what to do or where else to go !

Quoting capemomofalyssa:

So are you saying that they were your doctors for the first pregnancy? If so then you would need to decide how they did on your first pregnancy and if they did good then I would not switch. If this is your first time with them then you have to go with you gut on this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)