Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRRRRR! Still not in labor yet! I'm so impatient!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

Went to another weekly visit today.  I've only dilated 1 more cm. So now I'm at a whopping 2 cm.  This pregnancy sure isn't like the last two.  I used to dilate up a storm but not have regular contractions.  Now my cervix must be so tired it is refusing to dilate and still no regular contractions.   I seriously thought I'd have this baby by 37 weeks.  Guess I have one more week to see if that happens.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvcallalilies
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM

If it makes you feel better - I'm not in labor yet either and I'm due tomorrow (end of 40 weeks).

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

MelaniesMama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM

HEY! No complaining!  lol
I had my 36 week check-up & wasnt even dialated .5cm let alone 2cm!!
I have my 37 weeks check up tommorrow, but Im not counting on anything happening.  Im convinced I will be pregnant forever.
My water broke at 36 weeks my first pregnancy, & I wasnt dialated or effaced.  The L & D nurses didnt believe me! lol  So you could still go into labor at anytime!!

Good Luck!

TexasRDA
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I know I'll miss being pregant just like I did last time,  but I am so uncomfortable.  It seems to get harder with each baby.  I saw the midwife today and she said to go Christmas shopping or have sex and maybe I'll go into labor.  Too bad me and hubby are seperated. LOL

Quoting MelaniesMama:

HEY! No complaining!  lol
I had my 36 week check-up & wasnt even dialated .5cm let alone 2cm!!
I have my 37 weeks check up tommorrow, but Im not counting on anything happening.  Im convinced I will be pregnant forever.
My water broke at 36 weeks my first pregnancy, & I wasnt dialated or effaced.  The L & D nurses didnt believe me! lol  So you could still go into labor at anytime!!

Good Luck!

rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:01 PM

LOL. I was due last Thursday, and I'm still pregnant. Thankfully, my midwife is going to induce me on Thursday, but I'll be at 41 weeks. Plus, you really don't want your baby to come before he/she's ready anyway. They need all the time inside they can get! 

TexasRDA
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Oh no, he's ready.  I've already decided that. LOL J/K  I am not convinced that the due date is acurate anyways.  With my daughter I was supposidly only 36 weeks, yet she was born weighing almost 7 lbs.  Every single pregnancy journal or book I've read says that at 36 weeks they are just barely 6 lbs.  She was born with no problems and fully developed lungs, so I'm totally alright with this one coming now.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

LOL. I was due last Thursday, and I'm still pregnant. Thankfully, my midwife is going to induce me on Thursday, but I'll be at 41 weeks. Plus, you really don't want your baby to come before he/she's ready anyway. They need all the time inside they can get! 

DeputyWifeJen
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM

36 weeks is really pretty early to expect to go into labor. Be glad your baby is healthy and growin in you. I am 2 days overdue, THAT is when you get to feel impatient :)

Wife to Brian since 11-27-04, Mommy to Will since 6-28-07

Andrea337
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Your lucky i didn't dilate with my first daughter until my water broke the day i gave birth to her and this time i'm 38 1/2wks and still not dilated! I see the doc tomorrow so maybe i will be atleast dilated to 1 or hoping he'll strip my membranes since he said he would induce at 39wks!

iluvcallalilies
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:51 PM

lol... :-) I had very similar thoughts when I read this post (I'm due tomorrow - and not "impatient yet"... but then my first two were both 5 days late, so mentally I kind of "expect" that possibility).

Quoting DeputyWifeJen:

36 weeks is really pretty early to expect to go into labor. Be glad your baby is healthy and growin in you. I am 2 days overdue, THAT is when you get to feel impatient :)

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

Alishia655
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Glad to hear i am not the only impatient one!! lol  35 weeks and ready. doctor says she is good and heavy (6 lbs) and everything is well. my daughter is in position and everything (head down, dropped) but still not dialated!!  Good luck to ya!

msbusychild
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM

*Loooong sigh*....I am about 37.5 weeks, and I went to the hospital last thursday. I was 3 cm. dialated already and the nurses and doctor sent me home and told me I'd probably go into labor by the end of the weekend. But I'm still pregnant and not in labor lol.....I am also getting very impatient! I can feel that labor is just around the corner, but it's just not coming fast enough!

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)