Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared of getting bashed on here????

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM
  • 57 Replies

im just wondering how many mommies on here have secrets having to do with their pregnancy or children that they would NEVER share to anyone here because the fear of getting bashed, or others trying to change your beliefs??? 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Bria
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I guess if I did have any "secrets" or issues with my pregnancy or children....That I would consult a Dr....And YES there are things Iwon't bring up on here because alot of people don't know how to be open minded and feel the need to make others feel small! I also find people like to try to start drama....And lets think about it...It's the internet!! If anyone is seriously upset about what someone over the internet has said, well...Maybe they need to think about who really matters....

breastfeedingbaby girlin loveexpecting baby~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
stefro87
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM

ya i agree i see ppl get bashed on here all the time but i think every mom has little secrets and such

Quoting Mom2Bria:

I guess if I did have any "secrets" or issues with my pregnancy or children....That I would consult a Dr....And YES there are things Iwon't bring up on here because alot of people don't know how to be open minded and feel the need to make others feel small! I also find people like to try to start drama....And lets think about it...It's the internet!! If anyone is seriously upset about what someone over the internet has said, well...Maybe they need to think about who really matters....

supermeof3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM

What like the fact that I ate lunchmeat the other day???

remaining_me
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I wouldn't call anything I keep from the moms here secret, but I think most of the stuff I don't discuss here means more to me then to have the bitches here belittle it.

I save issues on that level for people whose opinions I value a little more then internet strangers.

Bennett121
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I have information about my pregnancy that I wouldn't necessarily consider "secret" but it's my business and I choose not to share it. LOL!

You are right though OP, a lot of women on here are bashers, but you also have to consider this, if you post it on an open forum you are asking for all opinions, positive and negative. (this is why I keep my some of my personal info personal)

annaviaclovsky
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM

lol Me TOO!!! don't tell anybody though!

Quoting supermeof3:

What like the fact that I ate lunchmeat the other day???

And yes everybody keeps things to themselves. Some people on here take things a little to serious (for example talk about not breast feeding) but people really need to remember what is truely important!

CafeMom Tickers

orange4agua72
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I posted something VERY personal on here about at the begining of October. The issue is COMPLETELY over and my hubby knows EVERYTHING.... BUT I still get bashed by some people ALL THE TIME in my Advice for Mom's group! It's horrible. NO matter what I say about anything or whatever I post now, a FEW certain people Come back at me rudely.... It makes me sad honestly because I come on here for advice and people are soooo rude sometimes even months later!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

BigMamaHeidi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I have secrets. I've thought about posting the story, but I know there will be far more ugly words than those of kindness. I'll go as far as to say I'd be flat out drawn and quartered. No one understands.

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

im just wondering how many mommies on here have secrets having to do with their pregnancy or children that they would NEVER share to anyone here because the fear of getting bashed, or others trying to change your beliefs??? 

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Not me.. I dont give a shit what anyone has to say

pregnancy

baby

babies
Queenie13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I don't share allot of things about my pregnancy in the open forums.

1. because of the psychotic bashers

and

2. because I wouldn't share intimate details about my life with strangers, so why post them for people who "say" they are here to "help" each other.

I do share details with my closed group. I don't feel that I'm hiding "secrets" and I am FAR FROM afraid anyone here could ever say anything to "change my beliefs".

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)