Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ITCHING BREAST (tmi maybe)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok ladies i hope that some one can give me some adivce before i go crazy trying not to scratch, im almost 31 weeks and my breast are itching like crazy and they are starting to get sore again but that part dont bother me its the itching, i have been trying me best not to sit and scratch them all day long and its starting to drive me crazy any advice on what to do or what i can use to make them stop itching. help please

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tristangirl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM

there is a lotion called aquaphor that you can get at wallgreens or cvs. it is a very thick non scented lotion almost like an a&d ointment that I use any time I have itchy skin and it definately works. It only takes a little because it spreads so well... let me know if this works.

BabyLucasMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I'm not a doctor but I think it is because of the streaching of your skin. I would think you need moisturizing lotion. Ask your doc.

ashleywilkerson
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM

i got the same thing and its my breast and stomach and just about everywhere else, its sucks big time! im 31wks and im hoping i can find someting to help get throught the next 9wks. i would love to see what others have used so i can try it too.

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing(no swine flu), stay at home mom!
kbaby1624
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM

ot..but this is great to kno bcuz i have a skin "disorder"(doc calls it that) called exzema(eggs-a-ma) & i have literally tried everything!!! ive had it since i was 4 it went away now its back full force..

OP: i was goin to suggest aveeno lotion but hers sounds better lol..

Quoting tristangirl:

there is a lotion called aquaphor that you can get at wallgreens or cvs. it is a very thick non scented lotion almost like an a&d ointment that I use any time I have itchy skin and it definately works. It only takes a little because it spreads so well... let me know if this works.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM

i don't know but mine itch like mad too and i just use non scented lotion and that helps and i can only use dove soap because everything else makes them itch worse! lol i think i'll look for that lotion the pp suggested though :)  good luck!!

Makenseysmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:59 PM

The Gerber stick by the breastfeeding supplies works wonders for itchy breast!!!

SmoochPhotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM

cabbage leaves? LOL- heard of it but never used it... desperate times call for desperate measures!

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)