Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have had a previous c-section...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

this is my 3rd go-round. 1st was natural, vaginal.  2nd was emergency c-sec.  

I realize that with each subsequent pregnancy, with or without a c-sec, you will usually have more and more aches and pains with each one. That being said....ive been having pains right on and right above my pubic bone. (which is where my incision is) I first assumed that it was just my muscles protesting, because i know that some abdominal muscles attach right there. and those poor muscles happen to be stretched more and more each day. I did not have this type of pain in my 2nd pregnancy, and i wonder: Is it my actual inscision site hurting me?  Its a kind of burning/painful feeling. and its only when i get up from lying down and for a bit immediately afterward.  Its also becoming more and more painful as the weeks go by. Its been going on for at least a month now and im only 25 weeks atm.

Any insight you can give me would be much appreciated :)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I am not sure, I hear a few women talk about this and say sometimes their incision is numb. But mine has never given me pain or numb.  I can feel all around.  But here is a bump for anyone who might know!

jehosoba84
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

is bumping your own post allowed?  lol  i cant believe noone has heard of this

tristangirl
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I am not so sure that it is from your c-section I have been having the pain you described and I have no scars or incisions. I have heard so many women say that every single pregnancy is 100% percent diferent so maybe this is just something you didnt experience in the previous but iis perfectly normal........

JeanBee
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I am 21 weeks, and personally haven't had any pains on or around my incision site.. If it's consistent and painful (the burning sensation kind of worries me) then I would discuss it with your Dr... The one thing that people don't seem to realize is that uterine rupture is more likely during pregnany when your uterus is growing rapidly, and not when you are in labor.. It doesn't sound like this is the case with you, because you'd be in much pain, and would probably have some bleeding (depending on the size of the tear). However, if it continues, and worries you, it never hurts to get a professional opinion.

** There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.

shapley
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM

This will be my second c-section I have been having pain here and there also, it just depends on how the baby is laying at the time. I am atm 26 weeks along.

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM

i have gotten some pain around the scar....i guess its normal. im 32 weeks

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

Mom2Jack04
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I've heard others say it hurts but mine doesn't.  Of course i'm a size 14 and my incision scar is right above my pubic area but below my belly roll....lol....so where it is I haven't grown or stretched out at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)